AMWA is a leading advocate for women’s health and research.
AMWA works to bring under-addressed issues to the national agenda. AMWA is an active participant in setting national health care policy and influencing legislation on women’s health issues. During AMWA’s advocacy day on Capitol Hill, we convene in Washington D.C. to discuss the year’s most important topics with our legislators.
Join AMWA’s Advocacy and Policy Committee
Throughout the year, AMWA’s Advocacy and Policy Committee reads and reviews current health policy and upcoming health legislation. Here is a list of letters and amici that AMWA has supported. Join AMWA’s Advocacy and Policy Committee to:
- Advise stakeholders on legislation, regulations, and policies at the state and local level
- Develop Position Papers on key health and policy issues
- Partner with Coalitions to improve health care access and services
Take Action, Get Involved Now!
You can also get involved with AMWA’s advocacy efforts by expanding your efforts amongst your personal professional network, in the press, or on Capitol Hill. Champion a cause or initiative and become a spokesperson in your community or on the national stage. We can help you every step of the way. AMWA provides you with the opportunity and support to learn about timely research and legislation on women and girls in medicine. Check out all of the AMWA advocacy opportunities below!
- AMWA’s Advocacy and Policy Committee
- AMWA’s Advocacy Committee History
- AMWA’s Advocacy History Timeline
- AMWA’s Position Papers
- Join or start a local branch
- Become AMWA’s Local Representative
- Contact the Press
- Contact your Legislators
- Contact your Professional Network
- Become a spokesperson
- Gender Equity Task Force
- Womens Health Working Group