A community of professionals working to promote health, encourage professional and personal development, and provide a range of mentorship, educational and charitable programs that make a difference.
Why You Should Join
AMWA can make a real difference for you through our programs and services–AND AMWA membership saves you money!
- Discounts on AMWA-sponsored meetings, conferences, seminars, online continuing education.
- Kaplan: Step 3 recently changed. Stay on top with Kaplan’s new QBank. AMWA members receive 10% off select Kaplan courses. To enroll or for more information, call Kaplan at 1-800-KAP-TEST or click here. Please sign in with your AMWA username to view the discount code here.
- Blue Sky Scrubs: AMWA members receive 15% off any online order; to view our promotional code, sign in now with your AMWA username.
- Medelita: AMWA members receive 15% off Medelita’s professional lab coats and performance scrubs. Medelita’s unique lab coats are fluid resistant, featuring Advanced Dual Action Teflon®.
- McGraw Hill: All AMWA members now receive 30% off select McGraw Hill titles! Sign in with your AMWA username to view the discount code!
- Pocket Medicine Discount: AMWA members receive 30% off of Pocket Medicine when ordered with the AMWA discount code through the Lippincott Website.
- Canopy Apps – Medical Translation Tools:
Canopy Apps is the winner of multiple awards from the National Institutes of Health. Its mission is to enable healthcare providers to easily deliver quality care to patients who do not speak English. As part of our partnership with Canopy, we have arranged for the following three benefits for members:
- Free access to the Canopy Medical Translator app for iOS, a revolutionary technology which enables instant communication with patients in any language. To get the app, click here or search for “canopy” on the App Store and then sign in with you AMWA username to view the AMWA discount. Watch the introductory video.
- A free trial of Canopy Medical Spanish Training Platform, and special member pricing if you choose to purchase the entire program. To learn more click here. Learn Medical Spanish for the first time or improve your proficiency. Includes certificate of completion and CME credits. Created for busy healthcare providers to improve their Medical Spanish at their own pace.
- Special pricing for the NCBHP Medical Spanish Certification Exam for already bilingual healthcare providers, found here. If you can work with Spanish-speaking patients, use this to certify and document your skill.
Click here to learn more. If you have any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Study smarter, not harder, with MedStudy. For over 25 years, MedStudy has been a leader in providing innovative study solutions for pediatrics and internal medicine residents. MedStudy delivers content in an accessible, conversational way, focusing on learning and saving overall study time. Our integrated system is founded on evidence-based study techniques that help you learn and remember essential board-focused knowledge. Our materials can be used by residents in every year as a to-the-point medical reference, as a study guide for residents preparing to take their initial certifications or as a resource to help you to maintain competency throughout your residency. Our partnership with AMWA will provide you, as an AMWA member, with an exclusive discount on the resources you need to feel confident in your knowledge and patient care plans. Please sign in with your AMWA username to view the discount code here.
- Published quarterly, The AMWA Connections newsletter keeps you current on AMWA happenings.
- The AMWA Newsletter is a bi-monthly publication delivered to your inbox. This one-stop-shop gives your updates on medical events, publications, news, resources, and opportunities.
- The Resident e-publication, AMWA Resident Quarterly (ARQ), is a quarterly publication that provides residents with a venue to publish our thoughts, articles, and research.
- through working with other residents
- opportunities to mentor students
- connections with physicians
- MWIA Membership: Automatic Medical Women’s International Association membership. The MWIA is an association of medical women representing women doctors from five continents, actively working against gender related inequalities in the medical profession.
- At National Meetings
- Leadership Positions – both with the Residency Division and with National AMWA initiatives
- Networking opportunities and access to the unique knowledge and experiences of other female physicians through the Charlotte Edwards Maguire MD mentorship database program.
AMWA has a national awards program specifically suited for residents.