Applications for the 2016-2017 National Conference Co-Chair position are now being accepted!
- Coordinate with AMWA headquarters to plan the Annual Meeting Student Division content and logistics as well as accommodations for student attendees.
- Serve on the AMWA Conference Planning Committee.
- Work with the Treasurer to coordinate grant-writing to subsidize costs.
- Be national AMWA members currently enrolled in medical school
- Be attending medical school or conducting research in or near San Francisco, the host city of the 2017 Annual Meeting
- Be familiar with the host city for conference planning
Leadership terms and rules:
The terms of Chairship will be from 2016 Annual Meeting to 2017 Annual Meeting, preceded by a period as Chairs-Designate from Appointment to 2016 Annual Meeting. All applicants must be able to:
- Attend the entire duration of the 2016 Annual Meeting and the 2017 Annual Meeting
- Attend monthly telephone conference calls.
- Answer all emails received at the appropriate @amwa-student.org email account during chairship.
Your completed application consists of the following components submitted online:
- Contact information
- Statement of Interest to include the following:
- A self evaluation discussing qualifications for a conference chair
- Reasons you would like to serve in this position
- Vision for the Annual Meeting and how you would accomplish it (≤500 words)
- Biosketch (≤200 words)
- Photo (passport sized, white background)
The complete online application is due by Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:59pm PST.
Please note the Selection Committee will be convening right after the deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Two applicants will be selected to serve as our AMWA national conference chairs for the 2017 Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
- This highly esteemed position offers you the opportunity to demonstrate and apply the breadth of talents you possess. Given that the chairs will play a vital part of our biggest event of the year, the chairs-designate will be supported with one-on-one mentorship to further refine their leadership skills.
Appointment will be announced no later than Dec 2nd, 2015.
For any questions, please email our President-Elect, Samia Osman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.