Medical Student Regions
In addition to national medical student leadership, AMWA medical student branches are organized into nine geographic regions. Each region has a regional director who serves as the main contact for each branch within that region. Click on the links below to check out our regional calendars and connect with our medical student leaders!
- Region 1 – CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, and VT
- Region 2 – NJ and NY
- Region 3 – DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV
- Region 4 – FL, GA, NC, and SC
- Region 5 – AL, LA, MS, TN, PR, and International Programs
- Region 6 – IL, IN, KY, MI, and OH
- Region 7 – AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD, and WI
- Region 8 – AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, TX, UT, and WY
- Region 9 – AK, CA, HI, OR, and WA
Branches & RegionsBranch & Regional Grants Start a Branch Branch Programming Handbook
Medical Student Branch Resources
Medical student branches play a vital role in the AMWA Medical Student experience by providing support and resources for their members, as well as valuable leadership and mentoring opportunities. Branches organize local events and facilitate interactions and connection with national AMWA initiatives and leadership. Branch leaders also act as the face of AMWA on their medical school campuses. We encourage medical student members to affiliate with their local institutional branches to get the most from their AMWA membership.
In order to help you serve your members better, AMWA has developed resources tailored to local branch leaders.
Thinking of starting a branch at your institution? Click here to learn more!
Don’t forget to apply for a branch grant to help fund your local events!
Looking for AMWA logos to use for your branch’s personal use? See here!