Medical Student Division
Medical Student Branches and Regions
AMWA membership is open to all those who wish to advance women in medicine and promote the health of women and their families. We actively welcome members from BIPOC and LGBTQI+ communities to join our AMWA families.
Medical student branches play a vital role in the AMWA Medical Student experience by providing support and resources for their members, as well as valuable leadership and mentoring opportunities. Branches organize local events and facilitate interactions and connection with national AMWA initiatives and leadership. Branch leaders also act as the face of AMWA on their medical school campuses. We encourage medical student members to affiliate with their local institutional branches to get the most from their AMWA membership.
AMWA medical student branches are organized into nine geographic regions. Each region has a regional director who serves as the main contact for each branch within that region. Regional Directors organize regional conferences and events each year, facilitate resource sharing, and connect student mentors.
Click on the links below to check out our regional calendars and connect with our medical student leaders!
- Region 1 – CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, and VT
- Region 2 – NJ and NY
- Region 3 – DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV
- Region 4 – FL, GA, NC, and SC
- Region 5 – AL, LA, MS, TN, PR, and International Programs
- Region 6 – IL, IN, KY, MI, and OH
- Region 7 – AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD, and WI
- Region 8 – AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, TX, UT, and WY
- Region 9 – AK, CA, HI, OR, and WA
Want to start a local branch? Learn more here.
Looking for AMWA logos to use for your branch’s personal use? See here!