Medical Student Division
Student Poster Presentations
Submission Deadline: November 17, 2017
All abstracts submitted after the above deadline will be placed on a waitlist for acceptance!
Student Poster Presentations are often the highlight of the AMWA conferences for students, residents and physicians alike. AMWA’s 103rd annual meeting will be held March 23 – 25, 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
IMPORTANT! At this meeting student posters must be presented in a traditional poster format (3′ tall by 4′ wide, printed). Three student abstracts will be selected to give oral presentations on Saturday, March 24.
Before submitting an abstract, please read the submission guidelines below. You will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee upon submission of your abstract, payable by credit card. You will not be able to make changes to your abstract once submitted.
Poster abstracts may be submitted through this submission form. The deadline is November 17th, 2017 for all divisions (student, resident and physician). All abstracts submitted after the above deadline will be placed on a waitlist for acceptance. This means that if someone denies their acceptance or we need to fill more spots we will consider the abstracts on the waitlist in the order they were received.
Acceptances will be sent starting mid-January!
Submission categories include:
Clinical care – best practices, Clinical care – case study, Research – human subjects (clinical), Research – bench, and other.
Abstracts accepted for Poster Presentation at the Annual Meeting will be eligible for Young Women in Science Awards. Awards will be presented separately in the student and resident divisions.
- Abstracts and posters may NOT be duplicates of submissions for previous AMWA conferences.
- Each presenter may submit only 1 poster abstract for consideration.
- All author names and email addresses are required and ALL authors must be notified of submission for the abstract to be eligible for consideration. An email will be sent to each author notifying them of the submitting author’s submission.
- Submitting author must be available to present at the conference.
- Poster abstract must be 300 words or less (author names do NOT count toward word limit)
For Scientific Research: Authors’ names (ex. Smith, Jane, L.), Hypothesis, Methods, Results, Conclusions
For Clinical Cases: Authors’ names (ex. Smith, Jane, L.), Case, Conclusions, Clinical Significance
Please email us with any questions and check the conference webpage for ongoing updates!Back to Awards List