Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships
Medical Student Division
AMWA’s scholarship and loan program began at the Annual Meeting in Atlantic City, June 25-26, 1925 with two gifts, one of $1000, and one of $500. This became the start of the Scholarship Fund. Since then, AMWA has continued every year to support medical students who have been nominated by the association!
All AMWA Student Members are invited to apply for the following awards and grants.
Contact our Awards Chair with any questions.
- Medical Education Scholarships
- Membership Fee Waiver
- Medical Student Kaplan Scholarships
- Linda Brodsky MD Essay Award
- Heller Outstanding Branch Award
- Anne C. Carter Global Health Fellowship – Deadline: October 10th!
- Anne C. Carter Leadership Award
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award
- Young Women in Science Awards
- Student Poster Presentations
- Jim Heller Annual Meeting Travel Grants
- Service Recognition Award
- Overseas Assistance Grants
- Child Family Health International (CFHI) Global Health Education Program Scholarship
- Ponce Health Sciences University Global Leadership Conference Scholarship
Premedical Student Division
All AMWA Premedical Student Members are invited to apply for the following awards and grants. Contact our Premedical Awards Chair with any questions.
Branch and Regional Grants
We would like to promote your continued success at the local branch and regional levels by offering funding opportunities for local and regional events that will enhance women’s healthcare advocacy and your surrounding community. All premedical and medical student branch leaders and regional directors, respectively, are encouraged to apply.
Looking for more scholarships?