Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships
Medical Student Division
AMWA’s scholarship and loan program began in 1925 at the Annual Meeting in Atlantic City with two gifts, one of $1000, and one of $500. This became the start of the Scholarship Fund. Since then, AMWA has continued every year to support medical students who have been nominated by the association!
All AMWA Medical Student Members are invited to apply for the following awards and grants.
Contact our Awards Chair with any questions.
- Medical Education Scholarships
- Linda Brodsky MD Essay Award
- Haffizulla Family Scholarship
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award
- Heller Outstanding Branch Award
- Kaplan Scholarships
- AMBOSS Excellence Scholarship
- Membership Fee Waiver
- Anne C. Carter Global Health Fellowship
- Anne C. Carter Leadership Award
- Young Women in Science Awards
- Student Poster Presentations
- Jim Heller Annual Meeting Travel Grants
- Service Recognition Award
- Overseas Assistance Grants
- Child Family Health International (CFHI) Global Health Education Program Scholarship
- Shobha S. Krishnan HPV and Cervical Cancer Champion Award
Branch and Regional Grants
We would like to promote your continued success at the local branch and regional levels by offering funding opportunities for local and regional events that will enhance women’s healthcare advocacy and your surrounding community. All premedical and medical student branch leaders and regional directors, respectively, are encouraged to apply.
Looking for more scholarships?