Medical Student Division
Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships
AMWA’s scholarship and loan program began in 1925 at the Annual Meeting in Atlantic City with two gifts, one of $1000, and one of $500. This became the start of the Scholarship Fund. Since then, AMWA has continued every year to support medical students who have been nominated by the association!
All AMWA Medical Student Members are invited to apply for the following awards and grants.
Contact our Awards Chair with any questions.
AMWA Membership Fee Waiver
- Linda Brodsky MD Essay Award
- Janet M. Glasgow Essay Award
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award
- Heller Outstanding Branch Award
- Anne C. Carter Leadership Award
- Young Women in Science Awards
- Service Recognition Award
- Shobha S. Krishnan HPV and Cervical Cancer Champion Award
- Medical Education Scholarships
- Underrepresented Students in Medicine Scholarship
- Haffizulla Family Scholarship
- OSMOSIS Scholarships
- USMLE Scholar-Rx Scholarships
- Lecturio Scholarships
- Sketchy Medical Scholarships
- Child Family Health International (CFHI) Global Health Education Program Scholarship
AMWA Student Poster Presentations
AMWA Branch and Regional Grants
We would like to promote your continued success at the local branch and regional levels by offering funding opportunities for local and regional events that will enhance women’s healthcare advocacy and your surrounding community. All premedical and medical student branch leaders and regional directors, respectively, are encouraged to apply.
Looking for more scholarships? Check out these links below!