Who We Are
Sex and Gender Health Collaborative (2018 – 2019 Leadership)
- Janice Werbinski, MD, FACOG, NCMP, Associate Clinical Professor Emerita in ObGyn, Western Michigan University Homer R. Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Mary Rojek, PhD, Sociology, Medical Educator and Community Based Participatory Research Scientist
- Tracy Madsen, MD, FACEP, Assistant Professor, Women’s Health in Emergency Care, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- Lauren Walter, MD, FACEP, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
2018 AMWA Representative
- Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD, FACP, Professor of Clinical Medicine and Pediatrics, Executive Director of the Indiana University National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health @ Eskenazi Health, Barbara F. Kampen Chair in Women’s Health, Indianapolis, IN
Other Committee Members
- Michelle Berlin, MD, M.P.H., ObGyn, Co-Director for Women’s Health at Oregon Health and Science University.
- Juliana M. Kling, MD, MPH, NCMP, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Senior Associate Consultant in the Division of Women’s Health, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Scottsdale, AZ
- Kimberly Templeton, MD, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Policy Management at the University of Kansas Medical Center. 2017 Past President, AMWA
- Justina Trott, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine and Advisor to Women’s Health Services at the National Community Center of Excellence in Women’s Health; and, Senior Fellow and Co-Director of the Women’s Health Policy Unit at RWJF Center for Health Policy at the University of New Mexico.
Professional Education Committee Chair
- Kimberly Templeton, MD
Scholarship Committee Chair:
- Iris Tong, MD
Development Committee Chair:
- Memoona Hasnain, MD
Outreach Committee Chair:
- Janice Werbinski, MD
- Neelum Aggarwal, MD, Associate Professor, Departments of Neurological Sciences/Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center, Director for Research, Rush Heart Center for Women, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL. Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, AMWA
- Roberta E. Gebhard, DO, Nocturnist, and Chair of the Department of Family Medicine at WCA Hospital in Jamestown , NY and Co-chair of the Gender Equity Task Force of the American Medical Women’s Association.
- Memoona Hasnain, MD, MHPE, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Research in the Department of Family Medicine at University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. IL.
- Eileen Hoffman, MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at New York University School of Medicine in NYC, and a Founding Board Member of ACWHP.
- Dixie Horning, Executive Director of the UCSF National Center of Women’s Health at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Susan L. Ivey, MD, MHSA, Associate Professor adjunct at the University of California/Berkeley –University of California/San Francisco Joint Medical Program; and, Director of Research for Health Research for Action at UC/Berkeley
- Wendy S. Klein, MD, is Associate Professor Emerita in internal medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Richmond and co-founder of the VCU Institute for Women’s Health. She was deputy editor of the Journal of Women’s Health (2005-2012)
- Charlea T. Massion, MD, Family Physician and Hospitalist. Founding Board member of the American College of Women’s Health Physicians
- Alyson J. McGregor, MD, MA, FACEP, Director, Division of Sex and Gender in Emergency Medicine (SGEM), Co-Director of SGEM Fellowship Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Laura J. Miller MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School; Vice Chair for Academic Clinical Services and Director of the Women’s Mental Health Division at Brigham and Women’s/Faulkner Hospitals, Boston MA
- Ana E. Nùñez, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Women’s Health Education Program and the National Center of Women’s Health at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA
We are indebted to the talented and woman-centered people who have energetically worked with us to create a digital home for the Sex and Gender Health Collaborative.