Make a Difference
100% of Your Contribution will Be Applied to SGHC Programs that foster a sex & gender perspective in medical, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, and allied health education and throughout clinical care, including:
- Expanding Resources in the Digital Library
- Promoting a Sex & Gender approach to Medical, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Allied Health Students, Faculty, and Practitioners
- Developing Educational Content
- Underwriting NBME Working Group Efforts
Women are Not Small Men. A recent IOM Report indicates that research reflecting sex and gender differences is improving, but still falls far short in producing knowledge that will enable clinicians to provide sex and gender specific care to their patients. Even when research data is available, the findings are not broadly disseminated so that women continue to receive the same treatment as men even when the evidence suggests a different approach should be taken. We need to ensure that sex and gender are appropriately factored into the entire research pipeline, including basic science and clinical research. We also need to foster the integration of sex and gender information across health professions education, training, and clinical practice. In this way, we aim to identify and provide medical, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, and allied health educational content that can be easily and freely integrated into curricula, adapted for training and incorporated into clinical practice.
Ways You can Enhance the Success of the SGHC:
- Participate: Use Resources, Share Materials, Join Discussions, Offer Comments/Insights, Visit Often
- Join: Receive alerts about RFPs, upcoming conferences, committee participation, advocacy opportunities, and to demonstrate your support of our mission
- Subscribe: To our alerts on Twitter and Facebook via the Sex and Gender Women’s Health Collaborative
- Collaborate: Enlist your Institution/Professional Association to become a Collaborative Partner, Participant or Affiliate
- Share: Your Sex and Gender curricular materials and resources to share with others Contact Us
- Donate: Make a tax deductible contribution
We invite Medical and Health Professions Institutions, Professional Organizations, Government Agencies, and Individuals to Join the SGHC as Collaborative Partners. By sharing resources, raising awareness, and promoting the simple concept that Every Cell has a Sex, we will move toward better care.
Learn More About Becoming a Collaborative Institution/Individual. Contact Us