Adaptable to TBL, PBL, or Flipped Classroom education style. Created by students and educators from actual experiences in their clinical practices. Includes clinical cases from the sex and gender health collaborative
Free clinical cases are available to download by health condition from the Sex and Gender Specific Health Website sponsored by the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women’s Health. T [/]he cases are examples of Interprofessional Education, Problem Based Learning, and Simulation cases in which appropriate sex and gender differences have been included. These cases serve as an example of how to thread sex and gender differences through a new or existing case. They can also be an educational resource for faculty.
Template for Creating Sex and Gender Cases
Use this template to create your own sex and gender based cases and contribute them to our site.
Word Count: 800-1000
- Case Overview
Briefly explain the relevance of this Patient Case study in demonstrating a specific sex and/or gender specific concern and identify clinical challenge
- Pertinent Medical History
- Relevant Vital Signs
- Laboratory Evaluation
- Physical Exam
- Follow Up
- References. You Must Use AMA Citation Format.
Example, Smith J, Canton EM. Weight-based administration of dalteparin in obese patients. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2003;60(7):683-687.
Submit Case presentations to Tracy Madsen, In This Case Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributed Sex and Gender Cases
- A Complex Case of Chronic Pain
- Sex and Gender Differences in Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizures
- Pregnancy During Transition
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- Panic Disorder and Cardiac Arrhythmias
- ACL Tears in Female Athletes
- Abdominal pain and Diarrhea in an Adolescent Indian Girl
- Treating Gender Dysphoria
- Colorectal Cancer in Women
- Sex Differences in Chronic Pain
- Sex and Gender Differences in COPD
- Gender and Prescription Opioid Abuse
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sex Differences in Sepsis
- Sex Differences in Pain
- Sex Differences in Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Unusual Fatigue
- Assessing the Altered Mental Status of an Elderly Patient
- Managing Newly Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Addressing Abdominal Pain
- Assessing Neurological Symptoms
- Addressing Residual Pain after Abdominal Surgery
- Common Complaint of Unusual Fatigue and Chest Pressure
- Takotsubo in This Case