An infographic by the National Institutes of Health Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH) – with permission.
Help us get 500,000 views of this flier! Share this link and follow @AMWADoctors.
About this Campaign
At the 2021 Sex and Gender Health Education Summit, we were inspired by Dr. Marilene Melo (Brazil) and efforts to publish 500,000 brochures promoting sex and gender based medicine. Their advocacy led to a mandate by law that sex and gender based medicine be taught in the 40 medical schools in Sao Paula State. AMWA is partnering with organizations and colleagues to get 500,000 views of the flier above.
Join AMWA Join the Sex and Gender Health Collaborative Join Our Mailing List Partner With Us
- Join AMWA and become part of the Sex and Gender Health Collaborative (SGHC). First time members get 15% of their membership (code: sghc).
- Apply for an educational grant to present on sex and gender health at national conferences.
- AMWA Branches or residents / GME faculty, Screen the film Ms. Diagnosed from March 1 – August 31, 2023 at no cost. This film highlights the importance of sex and gender specific healthcare.
- AMWA medical students, gift your dean a copy of the textbook, How Sex and Gender Impact Clinical Practice: An Evidence-Based Guide to Patient Care.
- Learn about the Sex and Gender Health Education Summits organized by AMWA, the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women’s Health, Mayo Clinic, and others.
Be an ambassador. Treating patients through the lens of sex and gender specific healthcare is about providing better healthcare.