Skip to main content
Do You Know These Differences?
- Women are susceptible to potentially lethal arrhythmias when they take some of the very medications which stabilize rhythm in men.
- Men and women absorb and metabolize pain killers and anesthetics differently.
- Melanoma is more common on the legs in women, and on the head and neck in men.
- Men are more likely than women to die within 6 months of an osteoporotic hip fracture.
- Zolpidem is the only FDA approved medication with different dosages recommended by sex thus far.
- In acute stroke, tPA (the clot-dissolving medication) is twice as likely to be given to men.
- Aspirin therapy decreases risk of MI in men (but not stroke), while reducing stroke (but not MI) in women.