Introducing the AMWA Nutrition and Fitness Manual!!!
In accordance with the President’s Challenge Advocate Program to promote fitness and wellness, the Resident Division of the American Medical Women’s Association have produced a nutrition and fitness manual that explains the importance of maintaining a healthy diet and a good exercise regimen.
The guidebook also contains information about:
- Health assessment (i.e. BMI, cardiovascular risk factors),
- Components of a healthy diet (i.e. protein, carbohydrates),
- A list of caloric content of food groups and meals based on breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks that will help individuals maintain/reach an ideal body weight,
- Caloric expenditure from different types of exercise examples, and
- Behaviors that will motivate individuals to achieve and maintain a healthier way of living (i.e. recording calories, pedometers, group support, medical advice).
- Tips from the residents on how to stay healthy while on and off the clock
- Mind-body meditation and stress-relieving suggestions for the busy professional
Please click here to read the manual.
Learn how to better your health by eating healthy and exercising while on call or just have a busy work life. You will receive the information you need to kickstart your nutrition and fitness regimen for a lifetime!
What do you have to lose? Read the manual now!!!