Young Woman in Science Award
Abstract Deadline: 11:59 pm PST, February 28th, 2019
• An AMWA national resident member
• Demonstrated exceptional contributions to medical science, especially in women’s health, through her basic and/or clinical research, her publications and through leadership in her field.
Thank you for your interest in attending and presenting a poster at the AMWA Meeting. Please see the abstract submission information and requirements below.
Poster abstract submissions are accepted through this form. Submissions are open for the AMWA 104/MWIA Centennial in July 2019. The submission deadline is February 28th, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST for all divisions (student, resident and physician). Acceptances will be sent within 4-6 weeks of submission. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis. All abstracts submitted after the deadline, will be placed on a wait list.
Submission categories include: Clinical care – best practices, Clinical care – case study, Research – human subjects (clinical), Research – bench, and other.
All poster presenters are eligible for Young Women in Science Awards, which will be presented separately for the student and resident divisions. Additional information specific to the student division is available at the above link.
• Abstracts and posters may NOT be duplicates of submissions from previous AMWA conferences.
• Each presenter may submit only 1 poster abstract for consideration.
• All author names and email addresses are required and ALL authors must sign off on submission for the abstract to be eligible for consideration. An email will be sent to each author for their electronic signature at the bottom of the abstract submission form.
• Submitting author must be available to present at the conference.
• Poster abstract must be 300 words or less (author names do NOT count toward word limit), and should be structured as follows:
o For Scientific Research: Authors’ names (ex. Smith, Jane, L.), Hypothesis, Methods, Results, Conclusions
o For Clinical Cases: Authors’ names (ex. Smith, Jane, L.), Case, Conclusions, Clinical Significance
• RESIDENTS ONLY: You can submit an abstract to be considered for both a poster or oral presentation. If you are offered and accept an oral presentation slot, you will NOT present a poster and are no longer eligible for poster presentation awards (however, you will be eligible for oral presentation awards).
Posters will be judged at the AMWA National Conference by a judging panel.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.