AMWA Physician Coaching Groups
In recognition of common work/life challenges, AMWA convenes facilitated coaching groups to provide women physicians with the opportunity to gain insights and develop strategies so you can manage with greater ease. Coaching groups also provide the added benefit of a natural setting to share and gain the support of other women physicians just like you.
AMWA is offering two Topic-focused Coaching Groups:
> Physicians with Young Families
> Fertility Challenges
Physicians with Young Families
Are you trying to juggle your challenging career as a physician alongside your role as a parent?
The AMWA Physician Coaching Community is offering a 6-session facilitated discussion group for women physicians with babies and/or young children who are seeking strategies and insights to better manage a demanding career and busy family life with greater ease. The next cohort in April/May 2023.
Participants can expect to gain support from each other as you:
- Discover strategies that help you juggle a busy and challenging career while raising a young family.
- Recognize that you do not have to do everything yourself and identify which tasks and responsibilities you can outsource.
- Explore ways to manage that creeping self-doubt through strategies of self-care to fuel your inner confidence.
- Establish boundaries to bring your more personal and professional freedom
This six-session facilitated group coaching experience is $450, which is heavily subsidized as a benefit to AMWA members. (The retail price is estimated at $3,700.) AMWA physician coaches are ICF-certified, assuring a high-value and satisfying experience. You may earn up to 6 continuing education credits.
Enrollment Open. Reserve a Spot to Join the Next Cohort
Fertility Coaching Group for Women Physicians
Gain Insights, Comfort, and Control While Dealing with Infertility
The AMWA Fertility Coaching Group is offered to provide women physicians who are facing fertility treatment a safe space to gain clarity, understanding, and peace throughout this journey.
Participating in a facilitated coaching group can help you set reasonable expectations, reflect on grief and loss, and learn about beneficial resources to ease the decision-making and restore a sense of control in a process in which you are likely to feel that you have little influence over the process. While undergoing fertility treatments, you will find yourself in the role of a patient, which can be disquieting.
- Guide you to create a dilemma statement—What are you looking for
- Consider fertility-related issues that you can share with other physicians who understand
- Navigating the uncertainty as well as the possibilities ahead of you
- Address the costs and impact that infertility has on your relationships and career
The group will meet February-April 2023. As an added benefit, you will be able to earn up to 6 continuing education credits for completing reflection prompts after each group session.
Fee for 6-session small group coaching (Retail value:$3700):
- $395 AMWA members
- $750 non-members