The American Medical Women’s Association advocates to bring under-addressed issues to the forefront of the national agenda.
Join our initiatives now.
Cervical Cancer Prevention
AMWA and the Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC) are launching a cervical cancer prevention education initiative which will be targeted at young girls, boys, women, and men. We have created a toolkit with talking points, a power point presentation, an interactive game, and a fact sheet. To lead an event in your community, contact email@example.com and download the materials which are available to AMWA members (you must be logged into the AMWA website to access the files). Report back to us and join our cervical cancer education community!
- Members Only: Presentation Materials
- View this inspirational movie about Michele and her battle against cervical cancer: Michele’s Story
- Host a screening of Someone You Love: The HPV Epidemic (screening fee begins at $50)
- AMWA supporting national and international efforts to eliminate cervical and other HPV-related cancers (July 11, 2019)
- HPV Prevention Week (#UsvsHPV) Resources
JOIN THE COMMITTEE PARTNER WITH US GET YOUR BRANCH INVOLVED
Us vs HPV Week
Since 2019, AMWA has co-organized an annual HPV Prevention Week. Learn more about the events and speakers during these engagement weeks.
Us vs HPV 2024 Us vs HPV 2023 Us vs HPV 2022 Us vs HPV 2021 Us vs HPV 2020 Us vs HPV 2019
HPV Prevention Week Highlights
- AMWA and GIAHC present Lady Ganga at the Raw Science Film Festival
- AMWA Screens Film, Conquering Cancer
- Presentations by Admiral Rachel L. Levine, MD, Assistant Secretary of Health, Department of Health and Human Services; Congresswoman Kim Schrier, MD, and the WHO.
- Shobha S. Krishnan HPV and Cervical Cancer Champion Award
- AMWA Student Dr. Lori HorHor Composes Cervical Cancer Prevention Jingle
HPV Awareness Day – March 4
Since 2021, AMWA has been a partner of HPV Awareness Day, organized by the International Papillomavirus Society (IPVS) since 2018 and held annually on March 4. Each year presents a new campaign. View the campaigns here.
HPV and Cancer Prevention
“Never in the course of history has mankind been able to eradicate cancer. But now, with the World Health Organization’s global strategy to accelerate the elimination of cervical cancer, this future will most likely be seen in our lifetime.”
–American Medical Women’s Association
Fact Sheets on Cervical Cancer:
- Cervical Cancer
- What Should I Know About Cervical Cancer Screening?
- What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk of Cervical Cancer?