Gender Equity Task Force
Goals and Objectives
1. Educate all healthcare professionals on the importance of establishing gender equity in the healthcare system, starting with women physicians.
2. Emphasize the importance of gender equity as a work force and health care reform issue.
3. Further the American Medical Women’s Association’s goal of forming a networking alliance among all female physicians and female physician organizations by creating a database of contacts.
4. Create a library of useful resources that we can share with others on Gender Equity in the medical profession.
5. Research and identify other organizations with gender equity initiatives.
6. Create a networking database with other organizations with gender equity initiatives – Gimbalvo Grant.
7. Create a speaker’s bureau targeting speakers on gender equity issues.
8. Create educational materials defining gender equity issues.