The American Medical Women’s Association advocates to bring under-addressed issues to the forefront of the national agenda.
Join our initiatives now.
Cervical Cancer Prevention
AMWA and the Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC) are launching a cervical cancer prevention education initiative which will be targeted at young girls, boys, women, and men. We have created a toolkit with talking points, a power point presentation, an interactive game, and a fact sheet. To lead an event in your community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and download the materials which are available to AMWA members (you must be logged into the AMWA website to access the files). Report back to us and join our cervical cancer education community!
- Members Only: Presentation Materials
- View this inspirational movie about Michele and her battle against cervical cancer: Michele’s Story
- Host a screening of Someone You Love: The HPV Epidemic (screening fee begins at $50)
- AMWA supporting national and international efforts to eliminate cervical and other HPV-related cancers (July 11, 2019)
- 2020 HPV Prevention Week (#UsVsHPV) Resources
Fact Sheets on Cervical Cancer:
- Cervical Cancer
- What Should I Know About Cervical Cancer Screening?
- What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk of Cervical Cancer?