American Women’s Hospitals Services
HBS Foundation, Inc.
Hôpital Bon Samaritain (HBS) is a full service hospital with outreach programs in the river valley of Limbé, Haiti. Since 1953, Hôpital Bon Samaritain has provided health care services for the greater population of the Limbé Valley located in the Département du Nord. Read the inspiring story about how HBS was founded at hbslimbe.org/history.
HBS operates a ward/home, named Kaï Mira, for approximately 25 abandoned chidren with disabilities requiring special needs. Last year, a new feeding and physical therapy program was initiated with very positive results for these children.
HBS At a Glance
- The hospital sees ~6000 outpatients/month in the outpatient clinic
- ~1000 yearly admissions to pediatrics with about half that number in the adult wards.
- Special separate clinics are held for diabetic, tuberculosis and chronic heart failure
- More than 1,200 TB cases are treated monthly
- More than 150 diabetics coming daily for monitoring and insulin shots.
- A separate surgery unit with two operating rooms and 20 beds
- Rotating surgical teams come to Limbe to accomplish elective surgery
- Some 500 babies are born per year in the Maternity.
On the public health side, HBS also runs a vaccination program and provides potable water to the entire town of Limbe. Family planning, pre-natal and post natal clinics and educational classes are now held in separate and new rebuilt facility.
AWHS supports Hôpital Bon Samaritain with $850/quarter.
Click here to view the HBS Thanksgiving Newsletter!HBS Foundation, Inc. website Back to Supported Clinics