Help preserve affordable healthcare for millions of Americans. Preserve coverage of essential health services – such as maternal and newborn care, cancer treatment, prescription drugs, and more – and maintain affordable healthcare for millions of people with pre-existing conditions. Call your senators at 202-224-3121 and urge Congress NOT to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
These are some of the details of the new Republican proposal:
- Eliminates the ACA’s guarantee of affordable coverage for people with preexisting conditions, allowing insurance companies to charge people as much as they want.
- Strips healthcare from 24 million Americans and raises premiums by 20 percent.
- Eliminates the guarantee that insurance companies cover maternity care, cancer treatments, and substance abuse care.
- Increases out-of-pocket costs for older Americans by as much as $12,900 and allows health insurance companies to charge older Americans more in general.
- Cuts Medicaid by $880 billion and ends the program as we know it, which will lead to the rationing of care for children, seniors, and people with disabilities.
- Ends Medicaid expansion, meaning 11 million working families, children, people with disabilities, and seniors would lose their insurance.
- Eliminates federal funding for Planned Parenthood, putting care for 2.5 million patients nationwide at risk.
- Disproportionately hurts Americans living in rural areas.