Dr. Harrison was one of two faculty members chosen from 20 outstanding faculty at Florida State University nominated by all students in the Class of 2015 and were then selected by the GHHS Students in the class.
Selection criteria included:
• Consistently demonstrates compassion and empathy in the delivery of care to patients
• Serves as a role model—illustrates professional behavior for students and colleagues
• Shows respect for everyone (s)he comes in contact with
• Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in working with patients and family members of diverse ethnic or religious backgrounds
• Displays effective communication and listening skills
• Shows respect for the patient’s viewpoint
• Demonstrates exemplary service to others
• Adheres to professional and ethical standards
• Displays proficiency in clinical and scientific endeavors
These faculty will be inducted into the Gold Humanism Honor Society as part of the recognition ceremony for all GHHS members (and their families) from the Class of 2015 in the College of Medicine Auditorium on Friday May 15th at 2:30pm. (Prior to the general Senior Students Awards Ceremony.)
ALL are welcome and encouraged to attend this event.