50/50 Day was started by Tiffany Schlain, Emmy-nominated filmmaker and founder of the Webby Awards. AMWA participated in the first annual 50/50 day, “a global conversation about how to get to gender parity” on May 20, 2017 which featured over 11,000 events worldwide.
Submit a video entry
- Create a 30 – 60 second video entry on representative democracy and gender equity and post it on social media using the hashtag, #GettingTo5050.
- Use the discussion questions below.
- Send a copy of your video clip to NicoleGrossberg@CaaGlobalBrands.com to be shared on 50/50 Day channels!
- What small steps can consumers take to support gender equality in movies and entertainment?
- Are there any examples of your work that support gender equality?
- Tell us how you affect gender equality in day-to-day life!
- Why do you choose gender equality?
- Are you hopeful for a gender equal future? Is it a fad? How do you keep the momentum moving?
- How does gender equality affect your paycheck?
- Would gender equality change your role at work?
- What does gender equality mean for your future?