Dear MWIA Colleagues,
As we approach the one year mark until the Medical Women’s International Association’s Centennial Congress being held July 25-28, 2019 in New York City, I want to update you regarding the following three items.
- Registration for the MWIA Centennial Congress is now open!
- Resolutions are due 6 months before the start of the congress, making the deadline January 25, 2019. The only exception would be a resolution related to a time-sensitive emerging issue that has occurred after the 6 month deadline.
- The link to the resolutions template can be found on the MWIA website.
- Resolutions can be come from four sources: national associations, individual members where there is no national association, regional congresses and members of the MWIA executive.
- Dr. Eleanor Nwadinobi, Chair of the Centennial Public Relations Committee, invites all national associations and individual members (where there is no national association) to make a fabric collage for the Centennial Congress. Her letter with instructions and a picture of the proposed fabric square is attached. In order to plan for the final collage, it would be helpful if each national association could notify her who will be bringing your collage to the Centennial Congress by January 25, 2019. Her email is email@example.com.
A detailed Second Special Update for the Centennial Congress will be coming out later in the year.
The MWIA Executive thanks the host association, the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA), for all the work its local organizing committee is doing to make this a memorable congress for all.
See you all in New York City next year!
Shelley Ross MD
Medical Womens International Association