Mentoring Tips from
Take Charge of Your Career! Mentoring and Other Tools for your Professional Development Toolbox,
A Presentation Given by Luanne Thorndyke, MD at AMWA’s 97th Annual Meeting
To Assure Your Success, You Must Ensure That You Have Accessed Your Resources
- What support and resources has the organization made available to you to succeed?
- Is access to mentors to provide expertise and guidance available to you?
- Do you receive regular evaluation and feedback on your performance and progress?
- Do you take advantage of what your organization or professional society offers?
Navigate and Manage the Mentoring Relationship
- Ask for help with specific requests
- Establish expectations for both mentor & mentee
- Schedule and keep appointments to meet
- Prepare for meetings with your mentor
- Listen to advice and feedback