Nominations for the AMA CPT Advisory Committee are open until March 15.
Members of the CPT Advisory Committee serve a three-year term and are eligible for reappointment with no limit to the number of terms that an Advisor can serve. The terms of all members of the CPT Advisory Committee will expire following the May 2019 CPT Editorial Panel meeting. Accordingly, we are soliciting your nominations for appointment or reappointment to the CPT Advisory Committee.
The CPT Advisory Committee is the group of physicians, representing the national medical specialty societies, who advise the CPT Editorial Panel on matters concerning coding and nomenclature. Medical specialties are allowed to nominate an alternate Advisor from their organization to assist the primary Advisor in coverage of Advisor responsibilities related to the CPT process. Nomination forms sent to the organizations from the AMA request that the medical specialties designate their nominees as “primary” or “alternate”.
All nominations must include the follow documents:
- AMA Council/Committee Nomination form; completed by the specialty society and the nominee;
- Letter of nomination from the specialty society addressed to Dr. James Madara, but submitted with the other material;
- Current executive curriculum vitae of no more than three pages;
- Criteria for Nomination and Selection form;
- Candidates will receive a Conflict of Interest form via DocuSign once materials are submitted.
All documentation submitted will be reviewed by the AMA Board of Trustees for approval. All materials must be sent by email to CPTnominations@ama-assn.org by Friday, March 15, 2019.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Judy Connelly at 312-464-5486.