Cardiovascular Disease in Women
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for women and is often difficult to diagnose because the symptoms can be subtle and hard to recognize. The result is that women may delay going to the doctor, discovering their heart disease at a later stage or when it’s too late.
Signs and Symptoms to Look For
Women often have subtler, less recognizable symptoms
than men including:
- Pain or discomfort in the stomach, jaw, neck or back
- Fullness and/or pressure in the chest
- Shortness of breath
Let your doctor know if you experience any of these symptoms.
For More Information:
- Download the Infographic
- Download the Brochure
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- American College of Cardiology, CardioSmart
- American Heart Association