Join AMWA for Women in Medicine Month, designated by the American Medical Association Women Physician Section (WPS).
During this month, AMWA partners with allied organizations to champion women physician leaders, advocate for gender equity, and lift up the voices of women in medicine to tell #HerStory in medicine.
We are offering special events, new member programs and social media and other communications campaigns to honor and highlight the legacy and contributions of women in medicine.
We hope you will join us for some or all of these!
- Launch of new lectureship, Transforming Healthcare: Celebrating Women Physicians – September 7, 7pm ET
- Participation in the #InvestInHer Campaign – get your swag, post photos to social media, and #InvestInHer!
- Release of a special joint report by AMWA and Korn Ferry (coming soon)
- Launch of new AMWA member benefits with Nav.It (financial wellness), Diversity Science, Frame Fertility, SoMeDocs,
- Announcement of our AMWA Inspire Award honorees (coming soon)
- A look back at the AMWA Blackwell Medal Awardees
- Pilot launch of our new mentorship platform (smartphone enabled)
- AMWA Interim Leadership Meeting in Washington, DC
- Sharing how AMWA is changing the culture of medicine.
Learn more about our Women in Medicine Month activities and join us! Together, we can go farther.