Open call Nov 1, 2015 through Dec 31, 2015 for applications to the 2016 AMWA Artist-in-Residence.
The Artist in Residence Award was started in 2015 by Studio AMWA to promote women members in the arts. The role of the artist in residence is to create an artistic project that is pertinent to AMWA and women in medicine. This art will then be displayed (or performed) at the following year’s annual meeting.
This application is open to all member artists including painters, visual artists, sculptors, poets, writers, musicians, filmmakers, dancers, designers, comedians, puppeteers, tailors or any other art form.
Please submit the following by midnight EST Dec 31, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Letter of intent (pdf)
• Resume (pdf)
• Artist statement (400 word limit – pdf)
• 4-5 images, video of your art
Letter of Intent – a one page, detailed description of your plans for the residency. Please be sure to talk about how you and your work would benefit AMWA and women in medicine. Describe your prior art experience.
Artist Statement – tell us about you and your work (no more than 400 words)
Resume/CV – provide a simple and up-to-date resume or CV
Additional Documents (optional) – feel free to provide, relevant press or publications, etc.
Media – Submit 4-5 images saved at 72dpi, and sized to 1200 pixels on the longest dimension. Files should not be larger than 5mb. Title your files: FirstLast_01.jpg (ex. JohnSmith_01.jpg). In the case of video work, please send a link to media from YouTube and/or Vimeo. Please also attach a document with a description of the work highlighted in each image.
The “Artist in Residence” Awardee hereby agrees to:
1. Travel to the AMWA national meetings to receive the award (Miami FL, 2016) and the following year (San Francisco, CA 2017) to present the art project to the AMWA audience.
2. Work closely with Doctor-Artist Mentor throughout the year and provide monthly updates for feedback.
3. Receive 1/2 of the stipend at the award ceremony and the remainder upon completion of the project.
Send your completed application or questions to email@example.com.
The Artist in Residence will be chosen by January 31, 2016.