Throughout the year, the AMWA mentorship committee hosts webinars with various keynote speakers to address specific topics about medicine, career/networking advancement, or work-life balance that our members have requested. Please click below for a list of upcoming webinars and for links to sign-up for these sessions.
We are excited to currently be offering two webinar series:
Leadership and Career Development
Join us for various webinar topics ranging from academic research to developing strong mentorship relationships to self promotion.
With this series we highlight different fields of medicine, including those that you might not normally have much exposure to before it comes time to decide what field you want to pursue.
Next Webinar: NEUROLOGY with Dr. Orly Avitzur
The next AMWA Mentorship Specialty Springboard webinar is coming up on February 10th at 6:00 PM EST, this time featuring Neurology! The webinar will be led by Dr. Orly Avitzur, president-elect of the American Academy of Neurology. Dr. Avitzur is also a medical writer and editor-in-chief of Brain & Life™, the AAN patient magazine. Please see below for sign-up link. We hope you can join us!
Sign-up here: https://us02web.zoom.us/…/reg…/WN_itf4zeO5Rmars6r8xk_L4w
- Bioethics in the Post-Roe Era: Perspectives from Clinician Ethicists (Dec. 15, 2022)
- Charting Your Path: Careers in MedEd (Oct. 24, 2022)
- Mentorship: A Journey and Beyond ft. Dr. Adaira Landry (password: Jan2021!)
- Specialty Spotlight: Cardiothoracic Surgery ft. Dr. Jennifer Lawton (password: Nov2020)
- Taking Back Our Freedom as Women Physicians of Color: How to Start Living the Life You Deserve
- Specialty Spotlight: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (password: June20)
- Building Resilience (password: Jan20)
- Becoming a Physician-Scientist: Timelines and Training Pathways
- Your Career in Medicine: The Destination Should Guide the Journey
- Mentorship Relationships
- Networking 102
- Leading Through Change: Being Decisively Collaborative
Download an email template for the “Dinner with a Doctor” events presented in this webinar