- Engage with AMWA Initiatives or sign up to get involved.
- Join the Welcoming Committee or Social Media Team.
- Apply for AMWA Elevate – Next cohort starts October
- Apply for fully funded Korn Ferry Foundation Leadership Program
- Sex and Gender Health Education Grants available to promote outreach and awareness of sex and gender specific health.
- Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health call for high-impact biomedical and health research proposals (due 3/14/24)
Research / Publications
- Centrexion Study for efficacy in knee osteoarthritis pain.
- Gender / Parental Status Survey
- Breastfeeding/Lactation Support in Residency – Survey for Residents & Fellows
- Gender Based Microaggressions Among Women Surgeons, Residents and Medical Students
- Female Mentor And Learner Engagement Study
- Share your experience re: patients & access to reproductive healthcare.
- Input on NIH Behavioral/Soc. Science Research Strategic Plan
- AHRQ Call for Comments: Management of Post Partum Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy
- Considering a run for Congress? AMPAC 2023 Campaign School
- Join the IDD (individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities) Advocate Corps.
- FDA Medical Devices Health Advisory Committee (12/13)
- FDA Digital Health Advisory Committee (12/11)
- Apply for open seat on CPT Editorial Panel (9/29)
- AMWA Artist-in-Residence Program, apply for 2023-2024 (Due 3/4)
- Join a committee of the Medical Women’s International Association. All AMWA full physician members are members of MWIA. (due 11/15)
- Apply by 11/15 for the 1st Annual AMWA Healthcare Innovation Challenge at AMWA’s Annual Meeting. #DocPreneur $10,000 in prizes.
- AMWA Member Representatives and Voices Needed. Sign Up
- Attend White House bi-weekly Health Community Calls
- Call for speakers for a HHS vaccine confidence webinar
- Help plan Reproductive Care Town Halls
- Join the AMWA Gun Solutions team
- Share fertility advocacy stories
- Build AMWA’s Preventive Medicine Task Force
- Be a climate change advocate
- April 19 Women in Negotiation (WIN) Virtual Summit – AMWA members 20% off
- MAY 4-5 SIU Women in Medicine & Science Professional Dev. Virtual Conference
- Annual Kenniebrew Conference February 16-18. Call for for workshop proposals due 11/30.
- Harrington Scholar Innovator Award (June 5)
- Understanding Chronic Conditions Understudied Among Women (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Heal Scholarship Program for ABLM/ACLM Board Certification (due 3/1)
- Pfizer Educational Grant RFPs: Contact AMWA to partner — Optimizing Telemedicine/Telehealth for Rheumatology (9/13)
- Seeking co-Editor-in-Chief for Journal of Medical Internet Research.
- NIH grant: Galvanizing Health Equity Through Novel and Diverse Educational Resources (GENDER) Research
- NIH Office on Research in Women’s Health is seeking information to inform the forthcoming NIH-Wide Strategic Plan for Research on the Health of Women
- Comment on proposed HHS rule to strengthen nondiscrimination in healthcare
- FDA call for comments on Makena for preterm labor (Due 10/11)
- 2023 Climate & Health Equity Fellowship (12/15)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellows (11/7)
- NIH Climate and Health Scholars Program (Due 9/15)
- World Osteoporosis Day was Oct. 20 Advocate for reimbursements on DXA Screening. Take the pledge #YesYouScan. Screen your patients.
- Applicants wanted for AMWA’s Designated Seat on the AMA Women’s Physician Section Governing Council – Influential 2-year appointment with opportunity for 2nd term. Apply by March 8,2023
- ACP Internists Council of Early Career Physicians (Due 11/1)
- CMS seeks clinicians to join Expert Workgroups to reevaluate cost measures used in Quality Payment Program. (Due 9/9)
- AMA seeks applications for Committee on Conduct.
- Applications for Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA) Committee or SIG groups (Due 9/15)
- National Academies of Science & Medicine Food and Nutrition – board member position (11/3)
- ORWH Accepting Applications for an Advancing Gender Inclusive Excellence Coordinator Center (Due 4/28)
- Join AMWA’s #WhiteCoatChallenge. 2023 Theme: “The White Coat Holds the Line” (against legislative interference in the doctor-patient relationship)
- Provide video/telehealth consults to support healthcare providers or patients in Afghanistan & Pakistan without access to medical care.
- Join the newly relaunched LGBTQ+ Healthcare Directory.
- Apply to be a founding member of the Academia Medicine editorial board, an innovative open access journal
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness – waiver opportunity until Oct. 31