Women in Academic Orthopaedics Summer Internship Announcement
Interested in Exploring Orthopaedic Surgery?
The University of Utah’s Department of Orthopaedics and Office of Health Equity and Inclusion and the American Medical Women’s Association announce its inaugural Women in Academic Orthopaedics Summer Internship!
Women medical students who have completed their first year of medical school in good standing and are interested in an in-depth orthopaedic surgery experience are encouraged to apply.
Work alongside experienced female and male orthopaedic surgeons and mentors in the clinic and the operating room. Prepare and present a poster at a local and national meeting.
For more information or to apply online, please visit:
Location: University of Utah Orthopaedic Center/Shriner’s Hospital
Hours: 40 hours per week
Duration: 8-10 weeks (July-Sept)
Stipend: $4000-5,000 plus housing
2018 Women in Academic Orthopaedics Summer Internship program – PRELIMINARY DATES
- Application process opens: January 15, 2018
- Application process closes: March 15, 2018
- Candidate interviews (phone/Skype Meeting): March 15 – March 30, 2018
- Selection notifications to candidates: April 15, 2018
- Clinical internship: Summer 2018
- Presentations at the AMWA Interim Meeting: September 2018