AMWA is one of many partners helping to explore the Impact of Gender/Sex on Innovation And Novel Technologies (iGIANT). This initiative was developed by the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and is now being implemented in the public and private sectors.
Read more about the initiative here and visit www.igiant.org.
Learn more about Dr. Saralyn Mark, founder of the iGIANT initiative, in her interview with Well Woman Life.
Future roundtables planned in Detroit, Denver, and Las Vegas. To get involved, please e-mail ExecutiveDirector@amwa-doc.org.
Set up a roundtable in your community with this easy-to-use Roundtable Tool Kit.
AMWA Co-Hosted Roundtables:
- Synopsis of AMWA and iGIANT at the 5th Annual Women’s Congressional Policy Institute STEAM Fair — July 18, 2017
- Synopsis of the Indianapolis, Indiana, iGIANT Meeting – June 12, 2017
- Synopsis of the Roundtable at the Human to Mars Summit in Washington, DC – May 8, 2017
- Synopsis of the Redwood City, CA Roundtable at the IDEAGEN Summit – March 28, 2017
- Synopsis of the New York Roundtable – March 15, 2017
- Synopsis of the Los Angeles Roundtable at the Raw Science Film Festival – December 10, 2016
- Synopsis of the San Francisco Roundtable – December 9, 2016
- Synopsis of the Washington DC Roundtable – October 20, 2016
- Synopsis of iGIANT 2.0 Washington DC – Chicago – Boston, 3-city simulcast 3 affiliated with the White House Summit on Women and Girls – June 13, 2016
- Synopsis of the Cambridge iGIANT Roundtable – March 17, 2016
- Synopsis of the New York iGIANT Roundtable – March 16, 2016
- Synopsis of the Chicago iGIANT Roundtable – February 16, 2016
- Synopsis of the San Francisco iGIANT Roundtable – February 5, 2016
- Synopsis of the Fort Lauderdale iGIANT Roundtable – December 15, 2015
- Synopsis of the US Bone and Joint Decade Roundtable
AMWA participated in these roundtables:
- iGIANT initial roundtable launch at HHS July 2015
- NASA Roundtable August 2016
AMWA plans to help launch the iGIANT Roundtable Scholars Program (IRS). Read about the IRS Program Outline.
See the impact of these roundtables:
Yaa Haber, Rutgers Graduate Student, Article
Naseem Rangwala – iGIANT: A Student’s Perspective