Us vs. HPV Week
January 25 – 31, 2020
Our mission is to create a collaborative community dedicated to educating clinicians and the public about the HPV virus, its disease consequences. prevention and management. Embracing participants from all walks of life and backgrounds, we are energized by the goal of “All-of-Us” working together to launch our “power-full” cancer initiative.
UsvsHPV is a one-week series of webinars, social media campaigns, local events and more to promote awareness about HPV and HPV-related diseases. Organized by the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) , Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC) and Indiana University (IU), with support from numerous medical associations and institutions nationally and internationally. See what happened during HPV Week 2019.
WEBINARS HOSTED BY INDIANA UNIVERSITY
- Monday 1/27 – HPV Update: Community Initiatives and Challenges
- Tuesday 1/28 – Medical Societies’ Efforts Against HPV
- Wednesday 1/29 – Gathering Momentum for the Global Elimination of Cervical Cancer
- Thursday 1/30 – HPV-Associated Head and Neck Cancers
- Friday 1/31 – January 31, 2020 HPV Affects Us All
- Social media education campaign – sign up to get involved.
- HPV educational materials
- E-mail campaigns on screening and vaccination
- Campus tabling and outreach events
- Art as advocacy
- Film screenings – Lady Ganga (18 min), Someone You Love (Free CME, 1 hr, 20 min)
- BHI 5K Run/Walk in NYC
- On-line CME Courses
- Twitter Chats @AMWADoctors
- Dr. Jennifer Conti, co-host of The V Word Podcast, Thursday, Jan 30 5-6 pm EST, #askdrconti
The logo: An abstract-multicolor form of the “atom symbol” speaks to the energy driving the collaboration between individuals and organizations dedicated to the eradication of HPV-related cancers, specifically cervical cancer, through education, screening and early treatment. The traditional pink/female and blue/male colors, alongside other transitional colors, signify inclusiveness. The message in the center, tells the story of working together (Us) against (vs.) a wide range of cancers caused by the (HPV) virus.
Watch the Inspiring Film, Lady Ganga so that Michelle’s legacy will continue on.
HPV Prevention Week Organized by:
American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA)
Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC)
Indiana University National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS