- This event has passed.
Menopause Matters: A Discussion
October 24, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
The American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) and the Federation of Medical Women of Canada (FMWC) hosted a North American discussion on the need for every woman to know what to expect ahead of the menopausal transition. Women deserve a heads up, and so AMWA and FMWC invited Caroline Harris, editor of M-Boldened Menopause Conversations We All Need to Have, to address the value of anticipating possible symptoms and long-term effects of estrogen withdrawal so there are no surprises or adverse health effects.
Then through a variety of presentations, AMWA will build a case for a new initiative under development o bring the menopause conversation back into the patient visit. The American Medical Women’s Association is championing the need for clinicians to plan a regular conversation with female patients so individual needs and concerns are met.
Event Held on October 24, 2020. View the Recorded program by registering below.
Hear from the Following Speakers:
- Vivien Brown, MD – Past President, Federation of Medical Women of Canada
- Stephanie Faubion, MD, MBA, FACP, NCMP, IF – Medical Director, The North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Mamta Gautam MD, MBA – CEO, Peak MD
- Caroline Harris, MA – Editor, M-Boldened Menopause Conversations We All Need to Have*
- Donnica Moore, MD – President, Sapphire Women’s Health Group and Podcast Host: “In The Ladies’ Room with Dr. Donnica”
- Chemen M. Neal, MD, CPCC, FACOG, FAMWA- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Director of Wellness, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Nicole Sandhu MD, PhD – President, AMWA
- Wen Shen, MD – Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
The program is moderated by:
- Padmini Murthy MD, MPH- Global Health Lead, AMWA and Secretary General, Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA)
- Eliza Lo Chin MD, MPH – Executive Director, AMWA
*As an Amazon Affiliate, AMWA earns a commission from qualifying purchases.