- This event has passed.
Every Country Can Eliminate Cervical Cancer
June 4 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join our brainstorm on driving national development to reach all girls and women
Tuesday June 4th, 2019, 20:00 – 22:00
West Meeting Room 205 – 207, Level 2
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
At the World Health Organization @WomenDeliver 2019 ConferenceRegister for Event View the Flyer Prize Draw Flyer
Every two minutes a woman dies of cervical cancer – a preventable and treatable disease. Governments support accelerating elimination. Help us mobilize a women’s movement, put this on the development agenda and drive national action towards 2030 targets that save lives and put all countries on a pathway of impact. Learn about prevention, early detection and management of cervical cancer; brainstorm on building integrated, womencentered services; share experiences on reaching all girls and women.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of the World Health Organization
- Nathalia Kanem, Executive Director UNFPA
- Nono Simelela, WHO Assistant Director-General, Special Advisor on Key Programmatic Priorities
- Shannon Hader, Deputy Executive Director of Programme, UNAIDS
- Marijke Wijnroks, Chief of Staff, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- HRH Princess Dina Mired, President, Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)
- Further panelists from Every Woman, Every Child; SheDecides; GAVI and Girl Effect among others.
With moderation by Femi Oke