- Leadership Elective On-Demand Courses – Opportunities to Build Professional Skills.
- Current Topics: Contract Negotiation, Achieving Financial Control, more electives to come REGISTER
- TAKE THIS LEADERSHIP SURVEY
CAMPAIGNS & INITIATIVES
- #GiveHerAReasonToStayinHealthcare – Gender Equity Campaign for Women in Medicine month. Order a mask and join us on social media!
- Celebrating Elizabeth Blackwell’s 200th Birthday with a special exhibit honoring past AMWA Blackwell Medal Awardees. Make a special donation to honor the Blackwell Legacy.
- AMWA launches the Henry Blackwell Circle and invites allies to become founding members.
- #Light4Docs in honor of Physician Suicide Awareness Day, September 17.
- Humanities and Healing: An Arts in Medicine Journal co-sponsored by Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Women’s Health Institute. Entries due Oct 15. SUBMIT
- New Coaching Group: Physicians with Young Families Facilitated Group Coaching. Find peace as you juggle a demanding career and parenting thru this 6-month, small group virtually-led coaching program. REGISTER by Sept 27. Sessions begin Oct 6.
- AMWA Annual Awards – nomination deadline Sept. 30
EVENTS (View our full calendar HERE)
- Sept 3, 10, 17, 8 pm ET. Three dates to learn to dance Kizomba. REGISTER
- Sept 24-25: Women in Medicine Summit; WIMS is an AMWA partner. REGISTER
- Sept 28, 7:30 pm ET. Book discussion with author Karen Nichols, DO, Physician Leadership: 11 Skills Every Doctor Needs to be an Effective Leader who is the first woman president of the AOA. REGISTER
- Sept 30. AMWA Physician Awards Nomination Deadline
- Oct 4. Clinical Hot Topics Submission Deadline for AMWA Annual Meeting
- Oct 4, 8 pm ET. Join us for the Henry Blackwell Circle Listening Session to launch our allies for women in medicine initiative.
- November 1. Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
- March 24-27, 2022. AMWA INNOVATES 107th Annual Meeting (Virtual). Call for CLINICAL HOT TOPICS (Due Oct. 4). Call for POSTERS (Due Nov 1, Student oral posters due Oct 1)