American Medical Women’s Association
Virtual Leadership Development Conference for Women Physicians
March 25 – 28, 2021
Click on the headers below for more information.
- Call for Speakers
- Virtual Meeting Logistics
- GME Symposium
- Virtual Bookstore
The AMWA Meeting features professional development CME sessions, clinical updates, poster sessions with judging, virtual exhibits, mentoring, networking, awards recognition, and more. Some modules will be available throughout the year.
Call for Speakers – Plenary / Workshop / Hot Topics
Submit to be a speaker at the AMWA LEADS 2021 Meeting!
The AMWA Annual Meeting offers dedicated tracks for all career levels. A full agenda will be available soon!
Coming end of July!
Physicians: Member $199 / Non-member $299
(Not an AMWA member? Join at bit.ly/joinAMWA with code FirstTimeMD)
(Half of the CME content available to access for up to one year)
Residents: Member $40 / Non-member $60
Medical Students: Member $35 / Non-member $55
Pre-meds: Member $30 / Non-member $50
Refund requests for the virtual conference will incur a $30 administrative fee. After 2/24/21, no refunds will be granted. Registration is transferable.
Mobile Meeting App
The Whova networking mobile app will be used at the meeting. Attendee profiles will automatically be compiled by the Whova team and consists of only public information readily available on the web. E-mail addresses will not be published. Messages sent through the app will be sent to the attendees email. Registrants of the meeting agree to allow their name and email address be released to Whova.
Photo/Video Release Policy
Registration implies agreement with AMWA’s photo/video release policy which allows the AMWA photographer, videographer and invited media contacts to photograph or videotape participants at the meeting and publish the footage in future print and electronic promotional and archival materials related to the meeting.
The meeting will be held by Zoom webinar with breakout workshops, virtual posters, virtual exhibitors, and virtual networking opportunities. Activities will begin before the meeting so register early to take advantage of all of these opportunities.
Poster sessions will be held virtually with poster viewing available leading up to, during, and after the meeting.
If you are a poster presenter, instructions will be emailed on how to submit a video presentation. Student and resident posters will be judged. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Submission categories include: Clinical care – best practices, Clinical care – case study, Research – human subjects (clinical), Research – bench, and other.
Posters that align with AMWA’s priority topics are especially encouraged:
Sex and Gender Specific Medicine
Work-Life Issues (including physician infertility)
Physician Wellness & Burnout (including medical humanities)
Medical Education & Training
Public Health Initiatives: Gun Violence Prevention, Opioid Addition / Pain Management, Human Trafficking, Obesity, Cervical Cancer Eradication, Women’s Health
- The abstract must be 2000 characters or less (including characters, excluding title and author names). No graphics are allowed in the online submission form.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $49 poster application fee
- Poster abstract must be 300 words or less (author names do NOT count toward word limit)
- Approval must be obtained from ALL authors before the abstract is submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to each author following submission receipt
- The submitting author must be available to present at the conference.
- Please enter your abstract information as accurately as possible, as it will not be able to be changed after submission of this form.
- For Research Abstracts: Background/Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- For Quality Improvement or Innovation Abstracts: Background, Intervention/Innovation, Results, Conclusion
- For Clinical Cases: Case Description, Conclusions, Clinical Significance
Each year, the AMWA Awards Ceremony recognizes leaders in medicine who have either advanced the field of medicine or the career development of women in medicine. The AMWA Awards Ceremony will be held virtually to recognize the following awardees:
Physician Division Awards – nominations open!
- Presidential Award
- Elizabeth Blackwell Award
- Bertha Van Hoosen Award
- Esther Pohl Lovejoy Award
- Lila A. Wallis Women’s Health Award
- Dr. Larry Zaroff Man of Good Conscience Award
- Exceptional Mentor Awards
General Awards – nominations open!
- Camille Mermod Award
- Artist in Residence (2020-2021)
- Artist in Residence (2021-2022) – applications open October 2020
Resident Division Awards
- Susan Ivey Courage to Lead Award
- Elinor Christiansen Altruism Award
- Charlotte Edwards Maguire Outstanding Resident Mentor Award
- Susan Love Essay Award
Medical Student Awards
- Anne C. Carter Student Leadership Award
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award
- Linda Brodsky, MD Essay Award
- Heller Outstanding Branch Award
Premedical Student Awards
The AMWA Annual Meeting presents opportunities to share your research, network with peers, find mentors, and get involved in a national association with a century-old legacy. Take advantage of our dedicated student track! Agenda coming soon.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) Symposium
The Fourth Annual GME Symposium will be held virtually on Friday, March 26, time TBA. Agenda coming soon!
Order graduation cords, bulk lapel pins, and T-shirts HERE.
Information coming soon!
Virtual exhibit: $250
Virtual exhibits will be launched 4 weeks prior to the meeting and will remain on the virtual meeting page after the meeting. Each exhibit will include:
- A short video or graphic
- Up to 3 links to program or product information
- Scheduled optional opportunities to present to meeting attendees (exhibitors to use their own zoom accounts)
- Friday 11am-12pm, 5pm-6pm (optional)
- Saturday 11am-12pm (optional)
Questions? E-mail Exhibitor@amwa-doc.org.
PROGRAM ADS (please submit prior to Feb 15, 2021)
Program Book Ad (quarter page)
Program Book Ad (half page)
Program Book Ad (full page)
|Digital Bag Insert||$200|
|Meeting mobile app banner ad||$300|
Specs for program book ad:
Full Page: trim = 8.38 in x 10.75 in, live = 7.88 in x 10.25 in, bleed = 8.63 in x 11 in
Half Page: live = 7.88 in x 5 in
Quarter Page: live = 3.5 in x 5 in
All advertisements and exhibitor registrations will occur through our registration portal.
Virtual Bookstore (Click on the titles below the books to purchase via Amazon*)
*Affiliate links used