Welcome to AMWA 2024
Securing Your Future in the
Changing Landscape of Medicine
Join us virtually, March 22-24
Program Coming Soon
Member $150 / Non-member $300 (Non-member prices include free year of membership)
Students/Trainees $30, Non-member $50
Refund requests for the conference will incur a $75 administrative fee. After 2/1/22, no refunds will be granted. Registration is transferable.
Photo/Video Release Policy
Registration for the meeting indicates agreement with AMWA’s photo/video release policy that allows the AMWA photographer, videographer and invited media to take and share photos and videos of participants attending the meeting and to publish likenesses on the AMWA website and in future print and electronic promotional and archival materials related to the meeting.
Sept.30: Regular submission abstract deadline with regular fee
Oct.15: Late submission abstract deadline with late fee
Nov.1: Final Call/Late Breaking abstract deadline with late fee
AMWA membership is composed of physicians, residents, medical students, pre-medical students, health care professionals, and other supporters. AMWA is the oldest multi-specialty organization dedicated to advancing women in medicine, advocating for equity, and ensuring excellence in health care.
The Annual Meeting is highly regarded for providing opportunities to energize current and prospective members while providing valuable networking opportunities for its participants. Each year our Poster Session has become more robust and reflective of our organization’s mission. Faculty, residents, fellows, and medical and pre-medical students are encouraged to participate in the 2024 Annual AMWA Meeting by submitting abstracts for presentation!
- Each abstract must be submitted using this online application form
- Approval must be obtained from ALL authors before the abstract is submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to each author following submission receipt
- The first author must be the presenting author and an AMWA member AT THE TIME OF PRESENTATION. At least one author must be an AMWA member AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION. If due to extenuating circumstances at the time of presentation the first author is unavailable, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a MAXIMUM of 2 presenters per poster presentation.
- There is a MAXIMUM of 1 presenter per oral presentation.
- Primary authors can submit a MAXIMUM of 2 abstracts.
- The abstract must be 2000 characters or less (including spaces, excluding title and author names). No graphics or tables are allowed in the abstract submission.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $50 poster application fee. An additional late fee will be added after the initial deadline of September 30th has passed. The abstract submission window will close on November 1st.
- For Research Abstracts: Background/Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- For Quality Improvement or Innovation Abstracts: Background, Intervention/Innovation, Results, Conclusion
- For Clinical Case Reports: Background, Case Description, Clinical Significance, Conclusions
- You will be unable to edit your abstract after submission. Late breaking data may be added to your final presentation up to the poster submission deadline (to be determined).
- By submitting your abstract to this meeting, you agree that we may distribute your abstract as part of AMWA 109th Annual Meeting content via an online portal or in print if applicable.
- Previously presented material may be accepted if new data or innovations exist and there are no copyright conflicts. Please indicate if the material has been previously presented on the online form.
- No industry-submitted content will be accepted.
- ALL authors planning to present accepted abstracts are required to register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
In selecting abstracts, our goal is to be inclusive and equitable, using a careful review process and limiting presenters to serving as first author on a maximum of two accepted presentations. We hope this approach maximizes opportunities for both presenters and institutions and broadens participation for our institutions and members, giving an opportunity for scholarship voice to all our participants.
No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics, or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text.
Abstract Selection Process
Abstracts will be screened initially to ensure that at least one author on each presentation team is an AMWA member and that all abstracts have been submitted as directed. The selection committee will only evaluate submissions that pass the initial screening. The selection committee then proceeds with the abstract review and ranking process.
Poster Abstracts will be presented as follows:
- Pre Conference Presentation – This is a new option for the AMWA109 Conference. Leading up to the conference we will have a pre-conference series that will allow physicians, residents, medical students, and pre-meds to present their research, quality improvement, personal experiences, and case reports that align with the main topics of the conference: Legal issues in medicine, Business in medicine, Women’s Health, Affirmative Action, DEI, and LGBTQ+ rights. Live presentations will take place on: March 1st, 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST
- Electronic Poster – Highly-ranked abstracts accepted for an Electronic Poster Presentation will present their work on the virtual platform and pre-conference recorded videos. There will not be moderated sessions or physical presentations of E-posters during the meeting. Posters will be viewed by conference participants online and via the conference app.
- Oral Presentation – The highest-ranked abstracts are selected for an Oral Presentation during the conference. Abstracts submitted with a late fee (after the initial deadline) will not be considered for an oral presentation. The highest-ranked Oral Presentations will be selected for an award at the end of the conference. The first author must be the one who presents the work and must be an AMWA member at the time of the conference.
Sep. 30: Regular submission abstract deadline with regular fee $50
Oct. 15 – Nov. 1: Final/Call Late submission abstract deadline with late fee $150
Further and final details regarding final video and oral presentation selection will be distributed at a later date. See below.
- Please allow the Committee time to review your submitted abstract. We assure you that ample time will be allotted to complete your pre-recorded video and to prepare for an oral presentation, if selected. You will receive detailed instructions, deadlines, and a final checklist for the final E-poster in the acceptance email. We will not respond to inquiries regarding abstract decisions unless you have not received a notification regarding your initial abstract by late December 2023/early January 2024 (excluding late submissions).
Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
AMWA Contigo Mug $22
AMWA T-Shirt $20
AMWA 4-Zip Pouch $8
Over the past 150 years, women physicians have blazed new trails, opened closed minds, lifted downcast spirits, and profoundly impacted medicine in countless ways. Through our awards and recognition programs, AMWA celebrates the contributions and accomplishments of these remarkable American Medical Women.
Nominations open for the 2024 Awards that will be presented at our 109th Annual Meeting:AWARD NOMINATIONS