American Medical Women’s Association
107th Annual Meeting — Thriving with Tenacity, Humor & Hope
March 24 – 27, 2022 (virtual)
Click on the Tabs below for more information
Program Coming Soon!
Call for Clinical Hot Topics
We invite you to submit your proposal for a 10-minute clinical hot topic (a concise review and discussion of a specific clinical subject). All proposals should also address any sex or gender influences regarding the topic.
The deadline to submit is October 14 2021. We anticipate sending invitations later in the month. Questions? Email Program@amwa-doc.org.
Keynote Faculty Coming Soon!
Poster sessions will be held virtually with poster viewing available leading up to, during, and after the meeting.
If you are a poster presenter, instructions will be emailed on how to submit a video presentation. Student and resident posters will be judged. Physician posters will be nominated for Viewer’s Choice Awards. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Submission categories include: Clinical care – best practices, Clinical care – case study, Research – human subjects (clinical), Research – bench, and other.
Posters that align with AMWA’s priority topics are especially encouraged:
Sex and Gender Specific Medicine
Work-Life Issues (including physician fertility)
Physician Wellness & Burnout (including medical humanities)
Medical Education & Training
Public Health Initiatives: Gun Violence Prevention, Opioid Addition / Pain Management, Human Trafficking, Obesity, Cervical Cancer Eradication, Women’s Health
- The abstract must be 2000 characters or less (including characters, excluding title and author names). No graphics are allowed in the online submission form.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $50 poster application fee
- Poster abstract must be 300 words or less (author names do NOT count toward word limit)
- Approval must be obtained from ALL authors before the abstract is submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to each author following submission receipt
- The submitting author must be available to present at the conference.
- Please enter your abstract information as accurately as possible, as it will not be able to be changed after submission of this form.
- For Research Abstracts: Background/Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- For Quality Improvement or Innovation Abstracts: Background, Intervention/Innovation, Results, Conclusion
- For Clinical Cases: Case Description, Conclusions, Clinical Significance
The deadline for all submissions is November 1, 2021.
No, your faculty advisor does not have to be an AMWA member.
No, the abstract does not need to have results and conclusions. However, the abstract does need to have anticipated (or preliminary) results by the time the abstract is due.
Submitters do need to have results and conclusions by the time the poster is due, which is a few months after the abstract is due and usually 1-2 months before the conference.
It is okay to submit an abstract that is based on previously published work, but it cannot be a carbon-copy. The submitting authors are welcome to reevaluate or reanalyze their data or project in a way that is different from the originally published version and more focused on the mission/goals of AMWA.
Sponsors will be recognized in digital and print programs and receive complimentary registration to the meeting.
Virtual exhibit: $550 (for profit), $300 (non-profit)
Virtual exhibits will be launched 4 weeks prior to the meeting and will remain on the virtual meeting page after the meeting. Each exhibit will include:
- A short video or graphic
- Up to 3 links to program or product information
- OPTIONAL Scheduled opportunities to present to meeting attendees (exhibitors must use their own meeting platform (e.g. Zoom)
Questions? E-mail Exhibitor@amwa-doc.org.
Preview our current exhibitors and stay tuned for live exhibitor updates!