- Hot Topics Faculty
- GME Symposium
- Story Slam
- Virtual Bookstore
Already Registered? Visit the virtual conference site HERE. Registrants were sent the password by email. If you don’t have the password, email email@example.com.
Only $149 /$199 for members/non-members (+ free membership) for 22.25 units of CME!
Residents $30/$50 members/nonmembers (+free membership)
Medical Students $25/$50 members/nonmembers (+free membership)
Premedical Students $25/$35 members/nonmembers (+free membership)
The AMWA Meeting will feature high quality CME sessions, interactive virtual Q&A sessions, virtual poster sessions with judging, a virtual exhibit hall, mentoring, awards recognition and more. If you couldn’t join us in Indianapolis, you can still participate now at heavily discounted rates! Some CME modules will be available for one year.REGISTER NOW
Hot Topics Faculty
The AMWA Annual Meeting offers dedicated tracks for all career levels. Physician and resident tracks will launch the new AMWA LEADS program aimed at professional development with a focus on leadership development, communication, negotiation skills, and more.
Please view the draft agenda HERE.
If you registered for the in-person Indianapolis Meeting and you are seeking a full or partial refund, please submit your request HERE. All requests must be submitted through this form.
Refund requests for the virtual conference will incur a $25 administrative fee. After 3/24/20, no refunds will be granted. Registration is transferable.
Mobile Meeting App
The Whova networking mobile app will be used at the meeting. Attendee profiles will automatically be compiled by the Whova team and consists of only public information readily available on the web. E-mail addresses will not be published. Messages sent through the app will be sent to the attendees email. Registrants of the meeting agree to allow their name and email address be released to Whova.
Photo/Video Release Policy
Registration implies agreement with AMWA’s photo/video release policy which allows the AMWA photographer, videographer and invited media contacts to photograph or videotape participants at the meeting and publish the footage in future print and electronic promotional and archival materials related to the meeting.
The AMWA meeting will no longer be held on-site at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis due to travel concerns related to COVID-19. If you booked a hotel room, please cancel it as soon as possible. The meeting will be held by Zoom over the same time frame.
Pre-Course (Included in full Registration Fee)
AMWA LEADS Academy
Essentials of Leadership: Your passion matters
The Leader Within: Harnessing the power of our best you.
I’ve Got a One Track Mind: Changing perspective when you’re stuck.
When Positive Isn’t Enough: Importance of failure & how to do it well.
Mission Accomplished! Achieving complex and lifetime goals.
Poster sessions will be held virtually. Time and date TBA.
The poster submissions are now closed.
If you are a poster presenter, instructions were emailed on how to submit a video presentation. Medical student and resident posters will be judged. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission categories include: Clinical care – best practices, Clinical care – case study, Research – human subjects (clinical), Research – bench, and other.
Posters that align with AMWA’s priority topics are especially encouraged:
Gender Specific Medicine
Physician Wellness & Burnout
Medical Education & Training
Public Health Initiatives: Gun Violence Prevention, Opioid Addition / Pain Management, Human Trafficking, Obesity, Cervical Cancer Eradication, Women’s Health
- The abstract must be 2000 characters or less (including characters, excluding title and author names). No graphics are allowed in the online submission form.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $45 poster application fee
- Poster abstract must be 300 words or less (author names do NOT count toward word limit)
- Approval must be obtained from ALL authors before the abstract is submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to each author following submission receipt
- The submitting author must be available to present at the conference.
- Please enter your abstract information as accurately as possible, as it will not be able to be changed after submission of this form.
- For Research Abstracts: Background/Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- For Quality Improvement or Innovation Abstracts: Background, Intervention/Innovation, Results, Conclusion
- For Clinical Cases: Case Description, Conclusions, Clinical Significance
Each year, the AMWA Awards Ceremony recognizes leaders in medicine who have either advanced the field of medicine or the career development of women in medicine. The AMWA Awards Ceremony will be held virtually to recognize the following awardees:
- Presidential Award – Jennifer Hunt, MD, MEd
- Elizabeth Blackwell Award – Darilyn V. Moyer, MD, FACP, FRCP, FIDSA
- Bertha Van Hoosen Award – Connie Newman, MD, FACP, FAMWA
- Esther Pohl Lovejoy Award – Shobha Krishnan, MD
- Lila A. Wallis Women’s Health Award – Janice Werbinski, MD
- Dr. Larry Zaroff Man of Good Conscience Award – Paul Kirchgraber, MD, MBA
- Exceptional Mentor Awards
- Adebisi (Bisi) Alli, DO, MS, FACP
- Tatjana Calvano, DO, FACP, FIDSA
- Chwen-Yuen Angie Chen, MD
- Charlene Dewey, MD, M.Ed, MACP
- Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, MD, MACP, FRCP
- Roberta Gebhard, DO, FAMWA
- Mary Goldstein, MD, MS-HSR, FACMI
- Susan Hingle, MD, MACP, FRCP, FAMWA
- Amy Hise, MD, MPH
- Janet Jokela, MD, MPH, FACP, FIDSA
- Bridgette Jones, MD, MS
- Kajal Khana, MD, JD
- Tammy Lin, MD, MPH, FACP
- Iris Liou, MD
- Joan Lo, MD, MS, FACP
- Elizabeth Lowenthal, MD, MSCE, FAAP
- Rosalia Misseri, MD
- Brittane Parker, MD
- Sima Pendharkar, MD, MPH, FACP
- Shakaib U. Rehman, MD, SCH, FACP, FACH, FAMIA
- Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD, FACP, FAMWA
- Lipika Samal, MD, MPH
- Katherine Sharkey, MD, PhD
- Cynthia (Daisy) Smith, MD, FACP
- Jasmine Smith, MD, MBA
- V. Fan Tait, MD, FAAP
- Julie Welch, MD
- Emily Young, DO
- Donna Zulman, MD, MS
- Camille Mermod Award – Michelle Benedict
- Artist in Residence (2019-2020) – Dr. Somalee Banerjee
- Artist in Residence (2020-2021) – Dr. Karen Poirier-Brode
Resident Division Awards
- Susan Ivey Courage to Lead Award – Anne M. Kuwabara, MD
- Elinor Christiansen Altruism Award – Katharina Perlin, MD
- Charlotte Edwards Maguire Outstanding Resident Mentor Award – Brette Harding, MD
- Susan Love Essay Award – Tara Strout, MD, MSc
Medical Student Awards
- Anne C. Carter Student Leadership Award – Anna Cassell and Sara Grant
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award – Victoria Sefcsik and Joanna Georgakas
- Linda Brodsky, MD Essay Award – Alyssa Brown
- Heller Outstanding Branch Award – Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Premedical Student Awards
- Student of the Year Award – Pooja Butani
- Branch Member of the Year Award – Brittany Nguyen
- Eliza Lo Chin Unsung Hero Award – Iris Dupanovic
- Premedical Education Scholarship – Fatima Karkoub
- Outstanding Branch Award and Active Branch Award – University of Houston
- Branch Event Award – University of Pennsylvania
The AMWA Annual Meeting presents opportunities to share your research, network with peers, find mentors, and get involved in a national association with a century-old legacy. Take advantage of our dedicated student track! Virtual agenda coning soon.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) Symposium
The Third Annual GME Symposium will be held virtually on Friday, March 27, time TBA. This symposium will be held free of charge. Sign up HERE.
Friday, March 27, 2020 3:10 pm
3rd Annual Vivian E. Shih Graduate Medical Education (GME) Symposium*
Chairs: Joan C. Lo, MD, Kimberly Templeton, MD, Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD
- So You Think You Want to Start a Family Medicine Residency – Deborah Edberg, MD
- GME Expansion Beyond the Academic Health Center – Stephen John Cico, MD, MEd
- Training Future Faculty with the Clinician Educator Training Pathway – Christen K. Dilly, MD, MEHP
- Stress, Burnout and Depression in GME – Carol A. Bernstein, MD
- Your Academic Career: What I wish I had known at the beginning – Anne Walling, MB, ChB
Submit your questions here: bit.ly/GME2020
Carol A. Bernstein, MD
Professor and Vice Chair for Faculty Development and Wellbeing, Departments of Psychiatry and Obstetrics & Gynecology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine / Montefiore Medical Center
Stephen John Cico, MD, MEd
Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education
Associate Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine and Clinical Pediatrics
Fellowship Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine
Christen K. Dilly, MAED, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine
Deborah Edberg, MD
Director of GME Development
Department of Family Medicine, Rush University
Anne Walling, MB, ChB
Professor Emerita, Former Associate Dean for Faculty Development, Family and Community Medicine, Kansas University School of Medicine- Wichita
Author of Academic Promotion for Clinicians
Joan C. Lo, MD, MS, FACP
Research Scientist, Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California
GME Research and Assistant Program Director (Internal Medicine), Kaiser Permanente Oakland
Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD, FACP, FAMWA
Executive Director, Indiana University (IU) National Center of Excellence of Women’s Health
Barbara F. Kampen Chair in Women’s Health, Professor of Clinical Medicine & Pediatrics, IU School of Medicine
Kimberly Templeton, MD, FAMWA
Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Health Policy and Management, University of Kansas School of Medicine
Residency Program Director, University of Kansas Medical Center Orthopedic Surgery
Purchase AMWA logo wear, including the new AMWA icon logo!
Order graduation cords, bulk lapel pins, and T-shirts HERE.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ by Indiana University School of Medicine.
We will be hosting a virtual exhibit hall – stay tuned for more information!
Questions? E-mail Exhibitor@amwa-doc.org.
PROGRAM ADS (please submit prior to March 12, 2020)
Meeting mobile app banner ad: $300.00
Quarter Page Program Ad: $300.00
Half Page Program Ad: $550.00
Full Page Program Ad: $1,000.00
Full Page Color, inside back cover: $1500
Full Page Color, back cover: $2500
Full Page: trim = 8.38 in x 10.75 in, live = 7.88 in x 10.25 in, bleed = 8.63 in x 11 in
Half Page: live = 7.88 in x 5 in
Quarter Page: live = 3.5 in x 5 in
MEETING BAG INSERTS (please ship prior to March 10)
Bag Insert: $400.00
All advertisements and exhibitor registrations will occur through our registration portal.
Due to the transition to a virtual meeting, we will no longer be holding the Story Slam. Stay tuned for next year!
Virtual Bookstore (Click on the titles below the books to purchase via Amazon*)
*Affiliate links used