AMWA Physician Coaching Workshops
Our mission is to provide women physicians with opportunities to experience the power of coaching. To facilitate the achievement of those goals, the Coaching Committee presents a three month workshop series dedicated to helping members advance themselves personally and professionally. Many of our Physician Coaching Director members have participated in creating these highly interactive and engaging sessions.
By the end of this series, participants will be able to:
1. Identify and ameliorate the impacts of shame in their lives
2. Identify and overcome leadership barriers
3. Communicate more effectively and intelligently in the face of challenges
4. Manage holidays and other stressors with grace
Please join us for one month or participate in all three coaching workshops to participate in interactive sessions in which you will role-play and practice implementing new skills with some of our wonderful AMWA coaches.
September: Women In Medicine Month
- Discover four common leadership barriers that block women from having more influence and impact.
- Learn how to find the hidden opportunity in any barrier.
- Identify practical steps to overcome leadership barriers for yourself and others.
- Identify and ameliorate the impacts of shame in their lives
- Identify and overcome leadership barriers
- Communicate more effectively and intelligently in the face of challenges
- Manage holidays and other stressors with grace
October: Communication Month
- Participants will critically review and assess participants’ default listening.
- A model of conscious listening will be discussed.
- Participants will leave with new skills in listening, increasing the power of the participants’ communication.
- Understand the importance of emotion identification, emotional tolerance, and emotional management in communication.
- Participants will begin to identify and articulate their emotions with an expanded vocabulary.
- Participants will practice monitoring and managing their own emotional experiences in conversation with others.
- Understand PQ Concepts: Participants will gain an understanding of the Positive Intelligence framework, including the identification of Saboteurs affecting communication.
- Explore Counter Strategies: Participants will explore and identify personalized strategies to counter the Saboteurs, fostering more constructive interactions.
- Apply PQ Principles: Through experiential learning, participants will apply PQ principles to enhance their communication skills in real-life medical practice scenarios.
November: Shame & Boundaries Month
- Illustrate the importance of unshaming in women physician’s lives.
- Step-by-step guide to unshaming.
- The current strength of participant’s healthy boundaries will be assessed.
- Healthy boundaries will be defined and step by step.
- Participants will leave with a way to strengthen healthy boundaries and action steps for change.
Nov 16 @ 8pm ET: Stress Less, Thrive More! with Dr. Robyn Tiger
- Understand the direct health effects associated with chronic stress
- Learn the bottom up/top down approach to stress relief
- Implement 3 categories of stress relief tools through hands-on practice
Send Questions/Comments to: email@example.com