AMWA In The News
The American Medical Women’s Association has a deep and broad team of leaders and topic experts who provide insights on current trends and experiences facing women in medicine. We are proud to share interviews, articles, podcasts, and programs that feature AMWA achievements, initiatives, and experiences that impact the successful advancement of women physicians and improvements in women’s health.
We strive to increase the visibility and share the voices of every member so follow us across our social channels: @amwadoctors
Let us promote your expertise by offering to respond to press queries as a member of our Speaker’s Bureau. Be sure you are logged in to access the form. The more AMWA voices, the better.
- AMWA article cited in: Women’s pain is often brushed off in medicine. When will it be taken seriously?
- AMWA participates in White House event on lowering healthcare costs
- AMWA/Reproductive Health Coalition member discusses First Over-the-Counter Birth Control Pill Approved by the FDA.
- AMWA partnered with CARE to provide relief efforts in Pakistan
- AMWA attends rally with Vice President Kamala Harris
- AMWA leaders participate in the 76th World Health Assembly (WHA) & Attend the 153rd Session of the World Health Organization (WHO) Executive Board
- MWIA and AMWA Co-sponsor International Gender Medicine Roundtable
- MWIA and AMWA Leaders at the World Trade Organization
- AMWA at the White House AAPI Event
- AMWA participates in Women’s Health Access Matters (WHAM) #3Not30 launch event
- AMWA in RESOLVE’S Kitchen Table Conversations on doctors & infertility
- AMWA Celebrates the 40th Anniversaries of the National Organization for Rare Disease and the Orphan Disease Act
- HPV World features HPV Prevention Week, cofounded by AMWA
- AMWA Annual Report
- AMWA President Inaugural Speech from Dr. Elizabeth Garner
- Read President Biden’s letter celebrating AMWA’s work
- AMWA President Attends ACA Anniversary Event at the White House
- AMWA receives President’s Volunteer Service Lifetime Award and Ruth Rising Naomi Award from Ruth Sisters Fellowship International
- Northwell Health becomes AMWA’s First Affiliate Member Institution
- AMWA leaders Dr. Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber and Dr. Roberta Gebhard speak out on anti-harassment policies in the workplace. (Medscape)
- AMWA attends White House Roundtable on Reproductive Care
- AMWA hosts a parallel event during the 67th session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women – Harnessing the Power of Innovation and Technology to Improve Healthcare
- Dr. Roberta Gebhard: AMWA’s Seat in AMA Women Physician Section
- AMWA honors the NIH ORWH at Women’s Health Research Day Event
- AMWA leaders speak out on physician infertility. Need for “better support, education, and insurance coverage for future physicians.”