The AMWA ELEVATE Leadership Certification Program is designed for women physicians seeking career satisfaction and advancement in medicine and healthcare. This year-long, comprehensive, multifaceted competency-based program will position you to achieve the recognition you deserve and the confidence to seek out and accept opportunities as an confident and effective leader.
AMWA ELEVATE is designed for any woman physician seeking the opportunity to AMWA Elevate -Fundamentals in Self-Leadership. Women physicians open to enhancing the leader within through skills-building and insights so that you are positioned to direct your career path going forward and assure satisfaction professionally.
Program Director and co-founder: Tamara Chang, MD
Program Associate Directors: Pamela Ludmer, MD, MMEL and Teresa Malcolm, MD, MBA, CPE
Program Manager and co-founder: Jodi Godfrey, MS, RDN
Receive Updates on the Start Date for the Next AMWA ELEVATE Class
Watch for Our Stand Alone Electives—Coming Soon
BENEFITS of PARTICIPATION
By choosing to join the AMWA ELEVATE Certification in Leadership Fundamentals, you will gain strategies to leverage your strengths during challenging and optimal times, learn to achieve recognition and embrace advancement, conduct crucial conversations, and become an influencer in medicine. Since you are here, you are demonstrating a readiness to make your professional mark. This program seeks to advance women physicians who will diversity the current leadership pool in medicine and health care.
Are you ready to:
- Bring a sense of purpose?
- Relish the opportunity to elicit the best from others?
- Seek to create a healthier, more receptive work environment?
- Make a positive impact as a leader?
- Embrace a personal curiosity?
Your application will be assessed on how well you reflect these attributes and on your potential rather than what you have achieved to date. AMWA ELEVATE seeks to give women physicians the opportunity to capitalize on your strengths, enhance your skills, and allow you to fulfill your potential as a leader.
AMWA ELEVATE—Fundamentals in Self-Leadership is a year-long program of competency-building modules paired with small group professional coaching, and a leadership intensive sponsor-supported project. This course intends to meet AMWA members’ desire for an accessible, affordable one-year program.
The cost of the course is $650 for AMWA members and $975 for non-members. We also encourage you to get the most of this experience by opting into 1:1 leadership coaching that will afford individuals focused monthly sessions to explore your needs and desires directly with a dedicated coach; the AMWA member cost is: $1800 (Retail value starting at $6600).
The retail cost of this year-long certification program is estimated at $10800.
Where Do You Stand in Your Professional Evolution?
By committing to this Leadership Certification Program, you will gain a greater understanding and self-awareness of your strengths and areas of opportunity for focused growth. You will gain deeper insights into your personal competency areas with pre-and post-assessment check-ins aimed to inform and define areas of focus in order to elevate your leadership standing.
The AMWA ELEVATE Leadership Certification Course encourages critical skills development in core competencies, development of proficiency in areas of targeted individual need, and professional appeal, and opportunities for feedback and reflection.
Innovative Elements of AMWA ELEVATE:
- Courses: Each leadership level will begin with six core competencies deemed essential to every leader. To encourage individual growth, each participant will select six courses from among a series of elective modules on topics recognized as necessary competencies and areas required for professional growth and advancement.
- Small-Group Coaching: You will work with a certified professional coach who will guide your competency development in a dedicated group experience where you will be able to internalize new concepts and personalize your style and skills with feedback and practice among peers.
- Personal (1:1) Coaching: To accelerate individual advancement and augment leadership-building, the AMWA LEADS Leadership Certification program incorporates monthly one-to-one professional leadership coaching to attain the highest level of individualized insight and growth. The value of one-on-one, personalized coaching is invaluable and a worthy personal investment that will allow each person to explore areas to achieve intensive focused growth.
- Leadership Intensive Project: Upon completion of each year-long course, a Project will be required to earn a Certificate in Leadership at each level with support from a sponsor.
To earn a Certificate of Leadership at each level, participants must complete 12 required competency modules, participate in 12-months of small group coaching, and present a Leadership Project.
AMWA ELEVATE will ultimately offer courses at three levels:
- Fundamentals Series — Focus on Self Leadership
- Intermediate Series — Leading Others
- Advanced Series — Leading Organizations
Competencies are introduced to foster exploration in emotional intelligence, leadership styles, negotiations, gaining a voice in male-dominated specialties, managing change, leading grand rounds and meetings while learning different styles of communicating, and much more. Coursework will be explored and capstone projects developed in small group coaching sessions to gain vital feedback through experiential, interactive simulations, discussion, and considerations of personal style.
The execution of AMWA ELEVATE benefits from the experience and expertise of a model group of successful women physician leaders.