The AMWA ELEVATE Leadership Certification Program is designed for women physicians seeking career satisfaction and advancement in medicine and healthcare. This year-long, comprehensive, multifaceted competency-based program will position you to achieve the recognition you deserve and the confidence to seek out and accept opportunities as a confident and effective leader.
AMWA Elevate—Fundamentals in Self-Leadership for Women Physicians is the right answer for anyone who is ready and open to enhancing the leader within through skills-building and deeper insights. AMWA launched this leadership program to invite a more diverse pool of women physicians to excel as leaders. Participants will be prepared to accept opportunities with confidence and to seek positions that fulfill individual aspirations.
Program Director: Tamara Chang, MD
Program Associate Directors: Pamela Ludmer, MD, MMEL and Teresa Malcolm, MD, MBA, CPE
Program Manager: Jodi Godfrey, MS, RDN (AMWA Deputy Director)
Receive Updates on the Start Date for the Next AMWA ELEVATE Class
In the Meantime, Expand Your Leadership Skills with AMWA On-Demand Electives
BENEFITS of PARTICIPATION
By choosing to join the AMWA ELEVATE Certification in Leadership Fundamentals, you will gain strategies to leverage your strengths during challenging and optimal times, learn to achieve recognition and embrace advancement, conduct crucial conversations, and become an influencer in medicine. Since you are here, you are demonstrating a readiness to make your professional mark. This program positions women physicians to diversity the current leadership pool in medicine and across health care.
Are you ready to:
- Bring a sense of purpose?
- Relish the opportunity to elicit the best from others?
- Contribute to a healthier, more receptive work environment?
- Make a positive impact as a leader?
By embracing AMWA ELEVATE Leadership Fundamentals, you are giving yourself the opportunity to capitalize on your strengths, stretch your capabilities, and develop the confidence to fulfill your potential as a leader.
AMWA ELEVATE Fundamentals in Self-Leadership is a year-long program of competency-building modules paired with small group professional coaching (facilitated discussion) groups and the development of a Leadership Intensive Portfolio. This course intends to meet AMWA members’ desire for a comprehensive, accessible, and affordable skill-based course.
The cost of the course, which includes access to all on-demand modules, facilitated group exploration, a guided workbook, and network-building sessions is $750 for AMWA members ($1250 for non-members). We also encourage you to gain the fullest experience by opting in to 1:1 leadership coaching (individualized, focused monthly coaching sessions with a dedicated coach); the cost is: $2500 for AMWA members (. The full retail value of this year-long certification program is estimated at $10800.
Where Do You Stand in Your Professional Evolution?
By committing to AMWA ELEVATE, you will gain a greater understanding and self-awareness of your strengths and areas of opportunity for focused growth. This Leadership Certification Course is designed to support critical skills development in 12 core competencies, proficiency in areas of targeted individual need, and the opportunity for feedback and reflection.
Innovative Elements of AMWA ELEVATE:
- Targeted Modules: On-Demand presentations focus on core competencies deemed essential for every leader.
- ELEVATE Reflection Workbook: Accompanying each module is a learner guide with reflective prompts to assure participants are able to internalize the competency topic.
- Small-Group Coaching: You will work with a certified professional leadership coach who will guide your development in a setting that encourages you to internalize new concepts and personalize your style and skills with feedback and practice among peers.
- Leadership Intensive Portfolio: This portfolio will pre- and post-assessments, encompass monthly reflections, identifying your leadership style, stating your Why, and connecting with a sponsor. These elements will be the basis for a demonstration project to illustrate your evolution and growth in leadership
- Personal (1:1) Coaching: To accelerate individual advancement and augment leadership-building, the AMWA LEADS Leadership Certification program incorporates monthly one-to-one professional leadership coaching to attain the highest level of individualized insight and growth. The value of one-on-one, personalized coaching is invaluable and a worthy personal investment that will allow each person to explore areas to achieve individually focused growth.
To earn an AMWA ELEVATE Certificate of Leadership, participants must view all modules, participate in small group discussions, complete the Leadership Intensive Portfolio, present a Leadership Project.
Ultimately, AMWA ELEVATE will offer courses at three levels:
- Fundamentals Series — Self Leadership
- Intermediate Series — Leading Others
- Advanced Series — Leading Organizations
Competencies are introduced to foster personal exploration into your leadership strengths and to expand your capacity for growth as a leader as you advance professionally. Course content will be explored in small group coaching sessions to elicit vital feedback through experiential, interactive simulations, discussion, and considerations of personal style.