AMWA ELEVATE Certificate in Leadership for Women Physicians
Expand Your Career Potential. Consider New Possibilities.
Are You Ready To…
- Leverage your unique strengths and characteristics to bring a greater sense of purpose to your career?
- Elevate your decision-making and leadership skills?
- Contribute to a healthier, more receptive work environment for yourself and others?
- Interact with like-minded women physicians from diverse backgrounds seeking to add value to their organizations?
ELEVATE Certificate in Leadership is a dynamic, one-of-a-kind leadership
coaching program designed to meet the specific needs of women physicians.
AMWA ELEVATE takes the ambiguity out of leadership. You will gain insights and learn strategies for GREATER PROFESSIONAL SATISFACTION and CAREER ADVANCEMENT.
Designed by women physician leaders who have traveled the path that you are on.
Throughout the nine-month program, you will explore essential themes in healthcare leadership meant to build lasting professional insights, capabilities, and connections.
To ensure lasting impact, AMWA ELEVATE Alums meet quarterly to revisit and refresh skills and address career challenges.
Developed by the oldest multispecialty organization founded to advance women in medicine and improve women’s health, AMWA ELEVATE uplifts highly-accomplished and caring women physicians, like yourself.
Innovative. Dynamic. Multifaceted.
• Leadership Coaching-Group & Individual
• Mastermind sessions to expand your awareness
• Insights that speak to the leader within
• Women Physician Leaders from every healthcare environment
Founding Program Sponsor
Next Cohort Begins October 2023
Deadline to Apply: September 26, 2023
Early Bird Discount of $450 (by August 31)
Program Fee: $4,500 (AMWA members); $6400 (Non-members)
Payments may be split between 2023 and 2024.
For payment plan requests, contact email@example.com
* If you are not eligible for institutional reimbursement, you may apply for a leadership grant to lower the program fee
Earn up to 19 Continuing Education Credits powered by CMEfy
Group Sessions: Two Cohorts: Tuesdays OR Saturday at 7:30 am PT / 10:30 am ET
Tuesdays: Oct 24, Nov 7, Dec 5, Jan 16, Feb 6, Mar 5, Apr 2, May 7
Saturdays: Oct 28, Nov 11, Dec 2, Jan 20, Feb 10, Mar 9, Apr 6, May 4
Mastermind Sessions meet Monday 5-6 pm PT / 8-9 pm ET
Jan 8, Mar 18, May 13
Innovative Elements of AMWA ELEVATE:
- Targeted Modules: On-Demand presentations focus on eight (8) core competencies deemed essential for every leader.
- ELEVATE Reflection Workbook: Accompanying each module is a learner guide with reflective prompts to assure participants are able to internalize the competency topic.
- Small-Group Coaching: You will work with a certified professional leadership coach who will guide your development in a setting that guides you to internalize new concepts and personalize your style and skills with feedback and practice among peers.
- Leadership Intensive Portfolio: This portfolio will pre- and post-assessments, encompass monthly reflections, identifying your leadership style, stating your Why, and connecting with a sponsor. These elements will be the basis for a demonstration project to illustrate your evolution and growth as a competent lead.
- Mastermind peer workgroups. These three (3) sessions encourage deeper discussion and personal exploration of competency topics.
- Personal (1:1) Coaching: To accelerate individual advancement and augment leadership-building, the AMWA LEADS Leadership Certification program incorporates monthly one-to-one professional leadership coaching to attain the highest level of individualized insight and growth. The value of one-on-one, personalized coaching is invaluable and a worthy personal investment that will allow each person to explore areas to achieve individually focused growth.
- Reflection-based Continuing Education credits. You’ll have the potential to earn up to 19 credits powered by CMEfy
By joining AMWA ELEVATE, you are giving yourself the opportunity to capitalize on your strengths, stretch your capabilities, and build more confidence as you fulfill your potential as a physician leader.
AMWA ELEVATE Certificate in Leadership is a 9-month program of competency-focused modules, small group professional coaching groups, peer mastermind sessions, individual leadership coaching, and the development of a Leadership Portfolio. This course aims to expand the diversity of women leaders in medicine and healthcare with this one-of-a-kind comprehensive, accessible, and affordable approach to professional development.
Let the experience of past AMWA ELEVATE participants speak to the value of this program.
“I was walking around in a fog not clear in my goals or boundaries. Having clarity about where I’m going and remembering that I need to stick to what serves my goals and objectives was my number one takeaway.”
~ Lina Millan, MD, Associate Professor at the Medical College of Georgia.
“ELEVATE was my first leadership course. I was so impressed with the depth of knowledge I gained. And even though I’ve held many leadership roles, I’ve never had any training. I’m far better able to lead and serve because I have all of the tools now. I feel like a rockstar thanks to ELEVATE.”
~ Simone Wildes, MD, Vice Chair of Infection Prevention Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine
“We had a challenging year at my clinic and ELEVATE became my spine and caused me to really think about who I am. This program is helping me go to the next level both professionally and personally in interactions with people.”
~ Monica Abbi, MD, is a primary care physicians with at MultiCare Health System
Where Do You Stand in Your Professional Evolution?
By committing to AMWA ELEVATE, you will gain a greater understanding and self-awareness of your strengths and areas of opportunity for focused growth. This Leadership Certification Course is designed to support critical skills development in 8 core competencies, proficiency in areas of targeted individual need, and the opportunity for feedback and reflection.
Benefits of Participation
In choosing to join the AMWA ELEVATE Certificate in Leadership, you will gain strategies to leverage your strengths during challenging and optimal times, learn to achieve recognition and embrace advancement, conduct crucial conversations, and become an influencer in medicine. Since you are here, you are demonstrating a readiness to make your professional mark. This program positions women physicians to diversity the current leadership pool in medicine and across health care.
Group and Individual Coaching Sessions are facilitated by ICF-Certified Physician Coaches.
You CAN advance your calling without apologizing for playing big.
You CAN be an effective change agent in this era of uncertainty.
You CAN have a life with personal and professional boundaries.
You CAN lead with confidence and clarity.
Send Questions/Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org