About AMWA – Resources
This section serves to help you build your C.V. with the skills potential employers will want you to have. You can gain valuable skills through AMWA’s member benefits program. Choose from the Member Benefits profile below and let us know how we can help you build your resume today! Email email@example.com with any questions!
Leadership is one of the most valuable skills you can obtain as a woman in medicine. National leadership experience is always a positive career development step. You can gain national leadership experience by participating in an AMWA committee or working group or running for a National Leadership Position. Simply visit our Leadership section Leadership Opportunities or Committees/Working Groups to so that you can make yourself a competitive job applicant with extensive national leadership experience.
Awards are another way to make your job application stand out from the crowd. Browse through the AMWA awards to see if you or an AMWA member you know qualifies for an AMWA award. Nominate yourself or a colleague today!
Speaking opportunities are a great way to establish yourself as an expert in your field or as an authority on a topic. Join AMWA’s speakers bureau to start gaining public speaking experience or to build your already established speaking career.
Global and International Experience
Do you need to add international or global health experience to your resume? Check out all of our global health opportunities or apply for an overseas assistance grant.
Do you want to learn how to be an effective advocate for women’s health? Gain experience by participating in AMWA’s Advocacy and Policy committee as they evaluate national legislation and hot topics in the news.
Do you aspire to have a career in the public health arena? Add experience to your job application by participating in AMWA’s Public Health Initiatives.
A full list of AMWA’s Member Benefit Profile is below:
- Career Development
- Leadership Opportunities
- Committees/Working Groups
- Global and International Opportunities
- Fellowships, Grants, Scholarships
- Public Health Initiatives
- Education & Expertise
- Speakers Bureau
General Career Development Resources on the Web
- Career Builder Career Center
- Public Health Online
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Office of Women’s Health
- National Institutes of Health
- USA Jobs U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Department of State opportunities in the UN and other global organizations
- American Red Cross Jobs
- U.S. National Institutes of Health – NIH Research Training & Career Development
- U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- American Medical Association Careers