AMWA is a leading advocate for women’s health and research.
AMWA is an active participant in setting national health care policy and influencing legislation on women’s health issues. During our advocacy day on Capitol Hill, we convene in Washington D.C. to discuss the year’s most important topics with our legislators. AMWA provides you with the opportunity and support to learn about timely research and legislation on women and girls in medicine.
No matter where you go, AMWA has an extensive network both locally and nationally.
With these friends and professional contacts in AMWA you will have a powerful local and national network for personal and professional growth. Connect online, local, nationally or internationally to build relationships and strengthen your career. As a member of AMWA you have access to an extensive network of women physicians willing and the opportunity to develop relationships that can advance your career.
Login to view full listing and details on the Member Discounts page.
Clothing / Uniforms
- Blue Sky Scrubs— See the Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Jaanuu is the fashionably innovative scrub design company that never sacrifices style for comfort and fit. We partnered with Jaanuu to provide you a 25% discount! (See Member Discounts page for details)
- Medelita Discount— 15% discount for AMWA members
CME & Educational Programs
- Caregiving Film CE Program — See the Member Discounts page for details and free code
- Institute for Healthcare Communication — AMWA members will receive a discount on all Workshop-PLUS To receive the discount, answer AMWA for the question “How did you hear about this course?” on the course application.
- Language of Caring — Discount pricing on Advanced Communication for Physicians: An Online Skill-Building Program online course — See the Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Special discount on Penn’s Online Professional Development courses in Health Care Innovation — See the Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- University at Sea — For each CME meeting booked, AMWA members receive a $75 discount and a $25 donation is given to AMWA. For general travel other than CME (excluding airfare), AMWA members receive a 3% discount and with a 2% donation to AMWA — See the Member Discounts page for discount code
- Florida International University Healthcare MBA Program — $5000 Scholarship for AMWA members (See the Member Discounts page for details)
- Backlode — See the Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Canopy Apps — See the Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Legal Triage — Legal Triage helps our members find the right type of attorney for business issues and contract questions. (See the Member Discounts page for details.)
- ScienceDocs — 15% discount on ScienceDocs editing, writing, translation or statistics/study design consultation
- Zeamo — AMWA has partnered with Zeamo to give our members instant and unlimited access to a nationwide network of fitness clubs. See the Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code.
Do you have a vision for your future?
Whatever your vision is for your future we are here to support your efforts. To encourage you when you run into roadblocks and provide mentoring and resources to overcome obstacles. Whatever you need we are here. Once you become an AMWA member, let us know what your vision is and we will help you navigate the path to success.
Follow your passion in a committee or working group while you gain a competitive edge in the healthcare workforce.
Committees and Working Groups provide amazing opportunities to strengthen your relationships with other women in medicine while working on a specific initiative or mission. AMWA Committees range from Governance to Global Outreach, to Social Media. AMWA’s mission to advance women in medicine includes both developing leaders and providing leadership opportunities within our organization. The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) awarded AMWA the 2011 Women in Medicine and Science Leadership Development Award for the contributions AMWA makes to developing medical women leaders.
Participate in national campaigns on critical public health issues.
The American Medical Women’s Association advocates to bring under-addressed issues to the forefront of the national agenda. If you have an interest in public health let us know how we can help you. We invite you to get involved with our yearly public health campaigns.
Obtain the skills necessary to advance your career.
AMWA connects women through national, regional and local conferences, seminars, lectures, networking/mentoring events, webinars, teleconferences and skills training workshops.
To reflect on the growth, transformation and advancement of our organization, the American Medical Women’s Association, The AMWA Leadership has created a Lifetime membership category. Your involvement and continued support is vital to our success and continued growth. A vision for AMWA that is studded with enhanced camaraderie, renewed passion and augmented synergy as we approach our goals as an organization. Together we can celebrate the century behind us and openly welcome the next one hundred years of AMWA’s accomplishments.
The gift of lifetime membership to AMWA to your children and family members who are on a path in medicine or healthcare make a wonderful graduation gift and continues your legacy! Let us make positive strides together and empower and enhance each other’s strengths! Please donate or renew online
- Lifetime Members – as of December 31, 2018
Stay informed on the issues, job opening and upcoming events.
AMWA is a trusted source of timely and important information. Our email newsletter, Connections, highlights individuals and issues affecting women in medicine today. Our online communities on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and the AMWA blog alert you to ongoing opportunities that can change your life. Regional and branch groups publish newsletters about local activities and interests, and regularly update members with information on today’s hot topics and opportunities for activism.
Advocate for change.
Women make up 50% of medical school graduating classes yet women physicians entering their first year of practice may make $17,000 less than their male counterparts. It is critical that women in health care form a cohesive group to advocate for equal pay along with other women’s and civil rights issues – briefing policy-makers, spearheading coalitions, and impacting the world through initiatives and partnerships. The larger and more powerful our organization can become, the greater impact we can make.See opportunities for action in our Advocacy Section!