Physician Member BenefitsJoin Now
AMWA is a leading advocate for women’s health and research.
AMWA is an active participant in setting national health care policy and influencing legislation on women’s health issues. During our advocacy day on Capitol Hill, we convene in Washington D.C. to discuss the year’s most important topics with our legislators. AMWA provides you with the opportunity and support to learn about timely research and legislation on women and girls in medicine.
No matter where you go, AMWA has an extensive network of women in medicine both locally and nationally.
With these friends and professional contacts in AMWA you will have a powerful local and national network for personal and professional growth. Connect online, local, nationally or internationally to build relationships and strengthen your career.
Learn from the women who blazed trails before you.
Effective mentorship is likely one of the most important determinants of career success. AMWA realizes training women physician leaders requires communication of “unwritten rules” of successful career advancement. As a member of AMWA you have access to an extensive network of women physicians willing to offer more than career advice. Your AMWA relationships will lead to career advancement opportunities including public speaking engagements, author opportunities, residency positions and job opportunities.
Login to view full listing and details on the Physician Member Discounts page.
Association Membership Discounts
- American Association for Physician Leadership — $99 Membership — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- MedStudy — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
Clothing / Uniforms
- Blue Sky Scrubs — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Jaanuu is the fashionably innovative scrub design company that never sacrifices style for comfort and fit. We partnered with Jaanuu to provide you a 25% discount! (See Physician Member Discounts page for details)
- Medelita Discount — 15% discount for AMWA members
CME & Educational Programs
- Caregiving Film CME Program– See Physician Member Discounts page for details and free code
- Institute for Healthcare Communication — AMWA members will receive a discount on all Workshop-PLUS To receive the discount, answer AMWA for the question “How did you hear about this course?” on the course application.
- Language of Caring — Discount pricing on Advanced Communication for Physicians: An Online Skill-Building Program online course — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Special discount on Penn’s Online Professional Development courses in Health Care Innovation — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- University at Sea — For each CME meeting booked, AMWA members receive a $75 discount and a $25 donation is given to AMWA. For general travel other than CME (excluding airfare), AMWA members receive a 3% discount and with a 2% donation to AMWA — See Physician Member Discounts page for discount code
Finance: Banking and Loan Repayment
- First Republic Bank — special member benefits for personal and business banking needs, including student loan refinancing. (See Physician Member Discounts page for details)
- SoFi — At AMWA, we appreciate that many of our recent grads and parents of current students have significant amounts of student loan debt. SoFi offers student loan refinancing, allowing you to refinance your existing private and federal loans and save thousands. Please login to access the full member discount information and link.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Master of Medical Management (MMM) for Physicians — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Florida International University Healthcare MBA Program — $5000 Scholarship for AMWA members (See Physician Member Discounts page for details)
- Backlode — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- Canopy Apps — See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
- CSweetner — AMWA has partnered with CSweetener to provide access to mentoring opportunities (both mentor and mentee) to more seasoned physicians. For each AMWA member who participates, CSweetener will donate $100 to AMWA. To donate, comment that you are an AMWA member when applying. For more information, visit csweetener.org.
- Legal Triage — Legal Triage helps our members find the right type of attorney for business issues and contract questions. (See Physician Member Discounts page for details.)
- Lenovo — AMWA members are eligible to save up to 30% off the everyday public web price of Lenovo’s entire line of PC products and accessories for the home and office! (See Physician Member Discounts page for details.)
- Office Depot and OfficeMax — As a member of AMWA you now have access to exclusive members-only discounts at Office Depot and OfficeMax. Save up to 75% off the officedepot.com regular prices on our Best Value List of preferred products with free delivery on qualifying orders of $50 or more. (See Physician Member Discounts page for details.)
- ScienceDocs — 15% discount on ScienceDocs editing, writing, translation or statistics/study design consultation
- SoMeDocs — an innovative venture founded by a female physician, which seeks to fuel healthcare innovators by building a unique thought leader marketplace online. AMWA members receive 20% off of SoMeDocs annual membership (and all the perks that go with it) and/or our course creation or video series creation. (See Physician Member Discounts page for details.)
- Tastes of Aloha — 25% off all purchases. Code: AMWA25
- UPS offering discounts on shipping for AMWA members. Flat discount pricing includes savings of 50% on Domestic Next Day/Deferred, 30% on Ground Commercial / Residential and up to 50% on additional services. In addition, members can take advantage of UPS Smart Pickup® service for free. (See Physician Member Discounts page for details.)
- Zeamo — AMWA has partnered with Zeamo to give our members instant and unlimited access to a nationwide network of fitness clubs. See Physician Member Discounts page for details and discount code
Do you have a vision for your future?
Whatever your vision is for your future we are here to support your efforts. To encourage you when you run into roadblocks and provide mentoring and resources to overcome obstacles. Whatever you need we are here. Once you become an AMWA member, let us know what your vision is and we will help you navigate the path to success.
Follow your passion in a committee or working group while you gain a competitive edge in the healthcare workforce.
Committees and Working Groups provide amazing opportunities to strengthen your relationships with other women in medicine while working on a specific initiative or mission. AMWA Committees range from Governance to Global Outreach, to Social Media. AMWA’s mission to advance women in medicine includes both developing leaders and providing leadership opportunities within our organization. The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) awarded AMWA the 2011 Women in Medicine and Science Leadership Development Award for the contributions AMWA makes to developing medical women leaders.
Explore your interest in global health.
Become an AMWA physician member and you are automatically a member of an international network of women physicians called the Medical Women’s International Association (MWIA). The MWIA is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) representing women doctors from all five continents.
Fund your dreams.
All AMWA Student, Resident and Physician Members are invited to apply for AMWA awards and grants. From MCAT prep to tuition assistance to travel grants, AMWA recognizes outstanding potential and excellence.
Participate in national campaigns on critical public health issues.
The American Medical Women’s Association advocates to bring under-addressed issues to the forefront of the national agenda. If you have an interest in public health let us know how we can help you. We invite you to get involved with our yearly public health campaigns.
Obtain the skills necessary to advance your career.
AMWA connects women through national, regional and local conferences, seminars, lectures, networking/mentoring events, webinars, teleconferences and skills training workshops.
Share your expertise, develop your career.
The speakers bureau an opportunity to advance women physicians as well as your personal career. Our speakers bureau connects women physicians with local media, in order to respond to reporters’ topical inquiries quickly and effectively.
To reflect on the growth, transformation and advancement of our organization, the American Medical Women’s Association, The AMWA Leadership has created a Lifetime membership category. Your involvement and continued support is vital to our success and continued growth. A vision for AMWA that is studded with enhanced camaraderie, renewed passion and augmented synergy as we approach our goals as an organization. Together we can celebrate the century behind us and openly welcome the next one hundred years of AMWA’s accomplishments.
The gift of lifetime membership to AMWA to your children and family members who are on a path in medicine or healthcare make a wonderful graduation gift and continues your legacy! Let us make positive strides together and empower and enhance each other’s strengths! Please donate or renew online
- Lifetime Members – as of December 31, 2018
Stay informed on the issues, job opening and upcoming events.
AMWA is a trusted source of timely and important information. Our email newsletter, Connections, highlights individuals and issues affecting women in medicine today. Our online communities on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and the AMWA blog alert you to ongoing opportunities that can change your life. Regional and branch groups publish newsletters about local activities and interests, and regularly update members with information on today’s hot topics and opportunities for activism.
Advocate for change.
Women make up 50% of medical school graduating classes yet women physicians entering their first year of practice may make $17,000 less than their male counterparts. It is critical that women in health care form a cohesive group to advocate for equal pay along with other women’s and civil rights issues – briefing policy-makers, spearheading coalitions, and impacting the world through initiatives and partnerships. The larger and more powerful our organization can become, the greater impact we can make.See opportunities for action in our Avocacy Section!