Branches & Regions
In addition to national AMWA student leadership, AMWA student branches are organized into nine geographic regions by state. Each Region has a Regional Director who serves as the main contact for each branch within that Region.
Click on the link below to learn about or contact your Regional Director!
- Region 1 - CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, and VT
- Region 2 - NJ and NY
- Region 3 - DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV
- Region 4 - FL, GA, NC, and SC
- Region 5 - AL, LA, MS, TN, and the Caribbean
- Region 6 - IL, IN, KY, MI, and OH
- Region 7 - AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD, and WI
- Region 8 - AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, TX, UT, and WY
- Region 9 - AK, CA, HI, OR, and WA
DAD Region 1
DAD Region 2
DAD Region 3
DAD Region 4
DAD Region 5
DAD Region 6
DAD Region 7
DAD Region 8
DAD Region 9
Student branches play a vital role in the AMWA Student experience by providing support and resources for their members, as well as valuable leadership and mentoring opportunities. Branches organize local events and facilitate interactions and connection with national AMWA initiatives and leadership. Branch leaders also act as the face of AMWA on their medical school campuses.
We encourage student members to affiliate with their local institutional branches to get the most from their AMWA membership. For a current list of branches in your region, contact your Regional Director.
In order to help you serve your members better, AMWA has developed resources tailored to local branch leaders.
Thinking of starting a branch at your institution? Click here to learn more!
Don't forget to apply for a branch grant to help fund your local events!
Looking for AMWA logos to use for your branch's personal use? See here!
All AMWA student members have the opportunity to be involved in developing and implementing branch programming! Our hope is that you can use this handbook to organize a successful program from start to finish, and share ideas efficiently and productively with other branches. Feel free to select and modify ideas from this handbook to best fit your needs.
The handbook includes:
- Guidelines for a successful project: planning, fundraising, and logistics ideas and tips
- A calendar to help you select themes for programs throughout the year. Tie your outreach efforts to national events!
- Detailed abstracts of branch programs--a great “cookbook” for putting on an event!
- Additional programming ideas!
We also encourage you to contact your Regional Director to stay updated on national and regional events and opportunities. Please also contact any of your national student leaders with any questions or for assistance. Our reason for serving as AMWA student leaders is to support you, so let us know what you need and how we can help!
Each summer, AMWA mails a packet of information and resources to help branches with recruitment of new members. Recruitment of additional members is essential to AMWA’s success in order to strengthen local branches. The addition of new members also enables AMWA to serve as a larger and stronger voice as a national organization that advocates for important changes in health care policy and medical education.
This packet includes:
- Letters to Branch Leaders from the National Student President and National Recruitment Chair, which include a welcome message with a quick review of why AMWA is vital on your campus and tips to get started with recruitment.
- Letter to Students from the National Student President providing the background behind AMWA - Our Relevance, Our Needs, Our Mission, Our Resources.
- More information about the services, products, and discounts all AMWA Student Members receive
- A brochure detailing the benefits of AMWA membership
We're here to help! After reviewing the packet, please email the Recruitment Chair with any questions!