AMWA Exceptional Mentor Award
Have you had a mentor who has helped you develop your career, supported your interest, helped you develop or meet your goals?
This mentor may have been a colleague, advisor, friend, or boss and the relationship may have been formal or informal. Recognize your mentor's contribution to your career by nominating them for the AMWA Exceptional Mentor award. A few paragraphs is all that is needed and your mentor will receive a letter and certificate from AMWA. Mentors will be recognized at the AMWA Annual Meeting. Any AMWA member may nominate a mentor. The nominee need not be an AMWA member.
Forms to submit your 2013 nominations are available below. Recipients will be recognized during the spring of 2013 at AMWA's Annual Meeting in New York City.
Residents Physicians also have a mentor award for residents only. While a resident can receive the AMWA Exceptional Mentor Award described above, the AMWA Resident Division created an additional Resident Mentor Award. Nominate a woman that has made a difference in your life today!
Charlotte Edwards Maguire, MD Outstanding Resident Mentor Award
- An AMWA national resident member
- Must be a part of the Charlotte Edwards Maguire, MD Resident as Mentors Program
- Demonstrated outstanding mentorship and guidance to AMWA national student members as judged by highest and most active ratings as determined by AMWA student evaluations
- Must be nominated by an AMWA Student member who has engaged in a mentor-mentee encounter with nominee
Award: Awardees will be honored during AMWA's Annual Meeting. The individual award recipient, as well as nominating student members, is strongly encouraged to attend the meeting.
Nomination Process: AMWA national student members who have engaged in a mentor-mentee encounter with nominee are encouraged to fill out our evaluations here. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Selection Process: AMWA's national Resident Board and AMWA's resident physician advisor will review all nominations in February.
2013 AMWA Exceptional Mentor Awards
AMWA members recognized individuals who made a meaningful contribution to their professional and personal development by nominating them for the AMWA Exceptional Mentor Award.
- Jason Dragoo, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, specializing in Sports Medicine at Stanford University.
- Judith Amorosa, MD, Clinical Professor of Radiology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Nancy Ascher MD, PhD, Distinguished Professor in Transplantation and Leon Goldman, MD Distinguished Professor in Surgery at the UCSF Department of Surgery
- Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD, Associate Clinical Faculty in Medicine and Pediatrics in the Section of Adolescent Medicine.
- Raghav Govindarajan
- Andreea Seritan, MD, Associate Professor of Clincial Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Assistant Dean for California, Davis, School of Medicine.
Not an AMWA member, yet?