Learn from the women who blazed trails before you.
Effective mentorship is likely one of the most important determinants of career success. AMWA realizes training women physician leaders requires communication of “unwritten rules” of successful career advancement. As a member of AMWA you have access to an extensive network of women physicians willing to offer more than career advice. Your AMWA relationships will lead to career advancement opportunities including public speaking engagements, author opportunities, residency positions and job opportunities.
Interested in getting paired up with a mentor or mentee?
AMWA focuses on effective mentor-mentee interactions balancing three key elements: support, challenge, and a vision of the mentee’s future career. From the outset of their education, mentees are encouraged to look for opportunities to expand their network of colleagues and to acquire a multitude of individuals whom they admire and respect. AMWA mentors encourage mentees to think strategically about their careers and resources necessary for different purposes at different stages of their career development. Women faculty and students are brought together in their local medical communities. Young AMWA leaders are working with AMWA physicians in 125 academic medical centers across the U.S.
AMWA further maintains its commitment to mentoring the next generation of women leaders through webinars on career development, a networking alliance of women physician leaders, media training, and the gender equity task force that advocates for equal pay, transparency of pay scale, more women in positions of leadership and elimination of gender stereotyping and harassment.
Don’t wait a minute longer to sign up for AMWA’s mentoring program!
As an AMWA member you can both request a mentor and sign up to serve as a mentor in AMWA’s members only section, create and online profile and request a mentor your desired area of interest.
Complete the following steps and fill out these questions in our members only section or email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become an AMWA Member
- Provide us with your contact information: Name, Email, Mailing Address
- What is your current status? ( i.e. student, resident, physician, allied health professional)
- How would you like to communicate with your mentoring partner? Email, phone, or face-to-face? Please provide geographic location if you prefer the latter.
- What areas would you like provide or receive mentoring in?? Examples include you would like face to face mentoring) specialty, leadership, authoring, presenting, speaking, clinical expertise, interviews, etc..
Enter Our Networking and Mentoring Contests
- Nominate Your Mentor for the Exceptional Mentor Award!
- Win $150 for Your Mentoring & Networking Event!
Read About AMWA Events
- AMWA Sponsored Mentoring & Networking Event – Florida International University
- Muffins with Mentors
- Wine and Cheese Mentoring & Networking Event
- AMWA Sponsored Mentoring & Networking Event – Negotiating the Pay Divide
- AMWA Sponsored Mentoring & Networking Event – Muffins with Mentors Chicago
Learn More About Mentoring
- See more at: http://www.amwa-doc.org/member-benefits/mentoring#sthash.iFcxp792.dpuf